Recent Posts

shepkatt
on 6/5/09 3:45 am - Coronado, CA
Topic: BariatricTV Episode 32 - The Weight Loss Saboteur

In this weeks episode we have a FOW with a cute coat, expose the Weight Loss Saboteur, take a look at the week before surgery and introduce you to a self professed Lap Band King!

HIGHLIGHTS

• This weeks “Freak of the Week" is Sirenscry
  • Why? Cause she can reach all her 2000 parts.
  • We introduce you to our version of the Weight Loss Saboteur.
  • The pusher…who pushes the sweets and fattening foods.
  • The Underminer…whose negativity is always about.
  • The Stuffer, who wants to continue to stuff you with food..
  • Sometimes those closest to us becomes our saboteur.
  • We give some tips on how to deal with the Weight loss Saboteur.
  • So you are down to your last week before surgery? What will it be like?
  • You may want to give up caffeine a few weeks in advance.
  • Avoid the last meal syndrome.
  • Having a stressful week before surgery..is normal.
  • We highlight another website for bandsters…Lapbandking.com
If you haven'****ched BariatricTV yet - what are you waiting for?  Lots of fun and good information!

http://www.bariatrictv.com
~lynnda

selenia3000
on 5/30/09 2:37 am
Topic: Has anyone had the vgs?
Just has Band removal and I wanted to get info form someone who has had gastric sleeve once I heal the doctor wants to dicuss vgs or bypass options. I know all about the bypass but I don't know anyone with gastric sleeve!
selenia3000
on 5/29/09 5:58 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. Brody's patients
Yes Dr. Brody is very good Just had my band removed by him on 5/27/09 My stay was very pleasant at GW too. Another doctor put my band in.
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 9:10 am
shepkatt
on 5/15/09 12:16 am - Coronado, CA
Topic: BariatricTV Episode 29 - What the heck is a stomaphyx?
In this weeks episode  we have our first dude FOW! We take a look at the Stomaphyx procedure, talk about why you may be getting treated different after losing weight and look at the top 10 reasons why weight loss surgery isn’t the easy way out.

HIGHLIGHTS

• Our first dude freak of the week is TheLazyC
  • He’s lost 105 pounds
  • Stomaphyx is a revisional procedure for Roux-n-y gastric bypass patients
  • Reduces the size of the pouch and stoma
  • Stomaphyx is performed endoscopically (through the mouth)
  • Do you get treated differently after weight loss surgery?
  • Maybe the skinnier you is more open and welcoming to others
  • The top 10 reasons why weight loss surgery is not the easy way out
Come on over and join the fun!

http://www.bariatrictv.com
~lynnda

April J.
on 5/9/09 3:21 pm - Bowie, MD
Topic: RE: Dr Rickford
Dr. Rickford worked under Dr. Fullum who performed my RNY surgery in 2004. Dr. Fullum is renowned in this field, so if Dr. Rickford trained under him, he may not be too bad. The real question is how many has he performed?
ads2e
on 5/2/09 11:42 am - Washington, DC
Topic: Psych recommendations?
I am moving to DC in July, and I recently had Realize band surgery.  I am seeing a therapist here, but I want to continue seeing a therapist when I move to DC.  I am looking for a doctor who has knowledge/experience working with people who have had weight issues and/or weight loss surgery, because (as we all know) the post-op life carries its own stressers, including dealing with new eating habits, working on new life patterns, dealing with the reasons I became an emotional eater, and staying away from food addictions.

I would appreciate any recommendations of therapists (psychiatrists or psychologists) in the D.C. Metro area. (I will be working and living in the metro area.)  Even if you are not sure if they have experience in WLS issues, but you think they were great to work with, then I would appreciate any names and I can do some additional research on them.
Thanks!
Bette B.
on 5/2/09 9:05 am
Topic: DC-area RNY support group? (Xpost)
Good evening!

I'm posting this for a friend of a friend whose 20 y.o. daughter had bypass in January. She's had a number of problems since then.

Her surgeon has very little after-care, and I told her that I'd ask on here to see if anyone in the Maryland/DC area can suggest a support group she could go to.

Thanks for you assistance!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Littleway
on 4/9/09 4:23 am
Topic: RE: Any Feds get VSG approved by their insurers?

That's great Pam!  Wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery and WL journey.  I posted a similar question on the VSG forum and per the responses, it seems that federal BCBS covered some of the folks but denied others.  Thinking that maybe it varies based on location and who did the review.  I will probably self pay so I don't have to wait until next year to begin with a new insurer- want to be on the LOOSING SIDE as soon as possible...

pwoods42
on 4/9/09 3:48 am
Topic: RE: Any Feds get VSG approved by their insurers?
Hello,

I am currently a Federal employee with BCBS.  I was surprise after my first letter to them I was approved for the VSG.  My surgery date is May 13, 2009. 

Pwoods42 / Pam
Most Active