Recent Posts

renee C.
on 7/16/09 7:01 am - Forestville, MD
Topic: RE: Dr. Afram?
I too went to see Dr. Afram and was reminded why years ago I did not seek assistance from his office.  I went in for a consult recently for a revision and was told the same thing.  With my initial surgery I was never asked for any upfront fees.  Unfortunately I think it is a case of pure greed.  Please seek another doctor for your surgery.  If our insurance is paying for these procedures what is the other cost related too?  Hmmmm.
renee C.
on 7/16/09 6:55 am - Forestville, MD
Topic: RE: Dr. Paul Lin?
I also looking to see Dr. Lin, I am actually going to my first meeting this evening.  What have you learned so far.
ga_ginger_10
on 7/16/09 3:29 am - Atlanta, GA
Topic: Don't know what to cook for dinner? Try these 2 great recipes!

Tired of the same old meals?  Here are 2 great easy Thai recipes using either chicken or beef.
They are both really yummy!!!!

Go to my blog to get them!

www.gingerrock.blogspot.com

Let me know how you like them!

Hugs,

Ginger

Glacier-bear
on 7/16/09 12:08 am
Topic: RE: Any Feds get VSG approved by their insurers?
Hi Pam
Well?? We are all waiting to hear how it went. The other big one was what was your BMI and if it was under 50 was the proceedure paid...I know so many questions
Take care
TJ
ga_ginger_10
on 7/14/09 10:28 pm - Atlanta, GA
Topic: So they call me "Pollyanna"!!!!
Please view my blog to see why.....

Have a wonderful day!!!

~Ginger~
Glacier-bear
on 7/13/09 12:04 am
Topic: RE: Any Feds get VSG approved by their insurers?
SOOOOO? How did that go for you??
All approved ..You well? BCBS fed come thru?
Let us know
Carole Jones
on 7/10/09 11:21 pm - washington, dc
Topic: Support Group
Does anyone know of any support groups in DC for people who have had their WLS revised? 

ga_ginger_10
on 7/8/09 9:52 pm - Atlanta, GA
Topic: OMG, THE MOST AMAZING THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!
OMG, The most amazing thing happened to me the other day!!!!  Go to my blog to read about it!

I know you guys will understand!!!!!

Ginger
DCtallniceguy26
on 7/5/09 6:21 am - Washington, DC
Topic: Puree diet is driving me crazy
Hey guys I am 16 days post opt and the puree diet is driving me crazy.  Any suggestions of things that I can eat that won't be so gross.  So far all I eat is beans, cheese, yogurt, and eggs.  Hopefully my doctor will let me kove to soft foods on Thursday. 
(deactivated member)
on 6/23/09 6:23 am - Woodbridge, VA
Topic: To any intersted pre-ops living within driving distance of Baltimore, MD
Johns Hopkins in Baltimore is conducting a study to compare the physical and metabolic changes among the different types of WLS procedures. They still need more DSers, VSGers, and Band patients (I do not believe they need more RNY patients at this time).

I am a DS participant in the study, as are a handful of others who post here on OH. I am just about 3 months out and have now seen evidence of improvement in my type 2 diabetes - REAL evidence of an actual metabolic change beyond just finger sticks and A1C readings, which is all I would have to go by otherwise. We also get bone density and body composition scans, among many other tests, so lots of free medical testing that is, IMO, very interesting, and that most of us would not normally get without participating.

Oh, and it is a PAID study - not exactly "quit your day job" kind of bucks, but it more than covers my cost for the gas to drive there and back every few months.

I don't want to post the study coordinator's info here because I don't want her to get spammed, so if you'd like more information, just shoot me a PM and I can put you in touch with her.

And no, I don't get anything out of recruiting or referring new patients - I am just trying to be helpful, and I think studies like these are VERY important!
Most Active