Recent Posts

tryingtoloseweight
on 12/19/09 8:07 am
Topic: RE: Blizzard + Surgery = Nervous
Good luck with your surgery. Perhaps tomorrow you can take a walk through the snow and that will help.
ladyjedi
on 12/19/09 5:56 am - Washington, DC
REALIZE Band on 12/21/09 with
Topic: Blizzard + Surgery = Nervous
 So Monday is my surgery date at Sibley. Today the storm of the century hits the Washington, DC area. I am so nervous! Just trying to calm my nerves and share my anxiety with the group.

:)
ladyjedi
on 12/19/09 5:48 am - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Hello - 12/21 is my date
 So the blizzard of the decade is here! My surgery is scheduled for 10:30 on Monday. I am so excited! the liquid diet is beyond hard. I don't know how anyone does it! Lime jello is gross. I prefer Cherry. LOL

So far, I have done pretty well.

I am hoping the surgery is still scheduled and that there are no changes, no postponements, etc.

Pray for me!

LJ
AFWife05
on 12/11/09 8:15 am
Topic: Washington Hospital Center
Good Evening All -

I am in the begining phases of hoping to get this surgery approved and done! I made an appointment for next Friday, December 18th for a seminar. Is this something everyone goes through? What's it about? Has anyone else had their surgery done at the Washington Hospital Center? I'm so excited but so nervous at the same time! EEEkkkkkk LOL.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Krista
Fred_Flintstone
on 12/4/09 6:07 am - Bedrock
Topic: RE: Nuthin to see here. Move along. (ticker test only)
stupid thing didn't update my weight loss for 2day (friday). Gonna hafta tinker with it after I hang some Christmas lights

Fred_Flintstone
on 12/4/09 6:05 am - Bedrock
Topic: Nuthin to see here. Move along. (ticker test only)

ladyjedi
on 12/2/09 9:40 pm - Washington, DC
 Kim,

Thank you so much. I think my biggest fear is just that...FEAR of the unknown. I am preparing myself mentally. I am watching youtube every night. Sometimes till midnight. I don't want to watch anything else!!!!

I think the hardest part for me is that the people whom I thought would support me aren't supporting me. Also the reality of this major life change. I am excited, fearful, anxious, etc, all at the same time.

Thanks again for your note. Please email me [email protected]
kimyi
on 12/2/09 8:05 pm
Lap Band on 05/27/08 with
Hi LJ,

I had my band surgery with Dr. Long 1 1/2 years ago.  LOVE him and the staff!  You are in great hands! :-)  There is no reason to be scared, as your life will be so much better after the weight comes off. The surgery is a breeze and the fills are not bad either.  It's all about how you perceive . 

Best of luck to you.  If you have any questions, I can give you my email. 

Kim
Member Services
on 12/1/09 12:08 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Mega Holiday Perks!

Mega Holiday Perks!

Each month we work with generous sponsors to bring 3 lucky OH newsletter subscribers a perk giveaway.  A BIG thank you to all of our 2009 sponsors! Here is what was a part of our past perks:  Celebrate Vitamins, Bariatric Advantage Vitamins, Chef Dave’s Cookbook, achievONE®, CLICK Espresso Protein Drink, Dr. Garth Davis’ Book, Chike, and Just The Cheese.

But we’re not done yet…To finish the year out, OH went holiday shopping!

For December, we have a special MEGA holiday perk line-up for OH Newsletter subscribers. 

So far we have…

1 - Nintendo Wii Game Console + Wii Fit board & Game

3 - 10mp Kodak Easy Share Digital Cameras

2 - Apple iPod Nanos

2 - Tanita Scales PLUS Body Fat and Body Water Monitor

3 - MIO Heart Rate Monitor Watches

5 - Emsa Perfect Measuring Beakers

To be eligible for the holiday perks giveaway please make sure you are subscribed to the OH newsletter by December 9th. Winners will be selected at random from the OH newsletter subscribers list. Winners will be announced in the December issue.

Don’t forget to spread the holiday cheer and let others know!  
Happy Holidays

ncmdgirl
on 11/27/09 1:01 am
Topic: RE: Surgery at Providence Hospital?
I really need to change that surgeon. I did make the decision to drop Dr. Schweitzer because it was just too far for me to travel for appointments and follow-up care, however he and Dr. Datta are wonderful people.
Most Active