Recent Posts

kimberlina180
on 2/16/10 4:23 am
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with
Topic: RE: Support groups in DC area
Sibley Hospital - first Wednesday of the month.

http://www.sibley.org/community/events/default.aspx?F_Department=23

starteamcoach
on 1/28/10 9:45 pm
Topic: RE: Body Magic
Get this product at http://www.starcurves.com.

We can attest to these results. Most people can lose 2-3 dress sizes instantly. It will reshape your body over time. However, you need to team this product with dietary plan that is recommended by your physician. In essence, it is a 2 step system if you want to maintain the weight loss.

You can find nutritional products at http://www.starcurves.com.

Coach
DCphotog
on 1/26/10 11:54 am - Washington, DC
Topic: Going to have surgery in next month or 2?
Hi there,
My uncle had Gastric Bypass last Christmas and I think it's a wonderful life-changing experience. I'm a photojournalism student in DC looking to do a story on change, specifically, weight-loss surgery. I don't think it's been covered enough and think it would make a great story. If you're having surgery in Feburary or early March and are interested in sharing your story and experience I'd love to speak with you.

Thanks!
Madeline

www.MadelineMarshall.com
[email protected]
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/10 11:29 am - Washington, DC
Topic: Support groups in DC area
I had my surgery overseas (in Mexico), but live in the DC area. I want to ensure that my journey is as effective as possible, and would like to join a support group in the area. Are there any active support groups-preferably inside the City, but willing to travel.
aerin123
on 1/24/10 11:36 am
Topic: Advice?
Hi,

I decided to join this forum because I underwent LapBand surgery in Texas in 2007 (I currently live in DC) and come November, it will have been three years. I am the same weight. I initially lost 40lbs (most of that immediately after surgery in the "drink liquid stage") and I continued to lose about 20 more pounds. My surgery was not covered by insurance because I was not heavy enough - I was also 21. I am 24 now and I am despondent. My parents initiated my receiving the surgery, but I was hopeful that it would work. I told myself, "How could it not?" Obviously, the "eating around it" is a huge reason as to why it does not work - I am completely responsible. I also think my band is too loose and I can't seem to find a doctor in DC. I am on a lot of medicine due to depression and anxiety - medicine that I was on before I received the surgery - and I am aware that my only problem is mental defeatism; I find that I don't care about myself enough to change. I am not genetically predisposed to be overweight and I purposely created my current dilemma; in a large family of marathon runners, surfers, etc. I am the pink elephant in the room. My parents have "now accepted my current weight" and my mother wants the band taken out because "it is ridiculous to have it when it is clearly not working." However, I want to keep the band. Even though it is not working - again, my fault - removing it completely would be my ultimate failure. I apologize for this being so long, but I just wanted to let the forum know why I am here and why I could use some advice.
Just Kim
on 1/15/10 5:30 am, edited 1/15/10 5:32 am
Topic: Testing.............Please ignore
test

122 lbs. lost since surgery on June 11, 2009
EmbodySuccess
on 12/30/09 1:15 pm - Roswell, GA
Topic: GOT PICS! Xmas' Before&After posted!
Go to my OH Profile & you'll see my just-uploaded ALBUM,
"Lauralyn's Christmas' 2002 ~ Now!"

Because I already had my surgery date, I knew Christmas 2002 would be my last in a plus-size body.
Coming up on my 7th POST-OP anniversary and I have NOT gained back any weight!
I am truly "at home" in a strong, healthy body after being a yo-yo dieter for most of my previous 50+ years prior to RNY in 2/03.
Wishing everyone a healthier, happier 2010!
Lauralyn

Lauralyn Bellamy, MA, MDIV, ct Dreamcoach
Self-sabotage stopped!
Learn more at: embodysuccesscoach.com

honeybare
on 12/29/09 4:33 am
Topic: RE: Puree diet is driving me crazy
I'm about to have surgery, and I'll keep those items in mind!

tryingtoloseweight
on 12/19/09 8:21 am
Topic: RE: Puree diet is driving me crazy
I'm 18 days post op and I'm also able to eat peanut butter, fish, sugar free pudding and mushy vegetables. Are you able to eat any of those??    

I'm pretty bored too, but it sounds like I have more options. Hopefully something I offered will be allowable....

tryingtoloseweight
on 12/19/09 8:18 am
Topic: RE: Support Group
Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring has support groups. Every other Monday from 6:30 - 7:30pm for the band and Wednesday for Gastric Bypass. For some reason they only show the Bypass on the web site (link below) but they also have groups on Monday for hte band. I belive the next one is this Monday (the 21st) but call the number to confirm.  They follow Montgomery County Schools for cancellation. Hope this helps.

http://holycross.drsreferralservice.com/p-346-surgical-weigh t-loss-post-op-support.aspx
Most Active