Recent Posts

Shamele1973
on 5/16/10 6:58 am - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Surgery at Providence Hospital?
 How are things going? I had my surgery with Dr. Rickford on May 12th.  I am still adjusting to trying to consume the required liquids.  Everything seems like it is too much.  how where you able to meet your required protein amounts?
Invisible10
on 5/11/10 6:14 am - Crofton, MD
Topic: RE: Support groups in DC area
I too went to Mexico and haven't been sucessful. I know it's because I have been compliant. I think I need a support group and more doctor supervision. It's been very disappointing. I've actually gained. if you know of any support groups in DC. I'm game.
Lalaredd
on 4/20/10 4:04 am - Waldorf, MD
Lap Band on 07/09/08 with

Blue Point Surgical Group does them once a month at Potomac Hospital in Woodbridge, VA.

703-878-7610

240/190/150
PreOP/Current/Goal

Post Op Appt. 7-18-2008

1st Fill 8-21-2008 3.5cc

5th Fill 3-10-2010 6.0cc

Miss23
on 3/29/10 11:09 am - Alexandria, VA
 Hi! I live in Alexandria and I'm scheduled to have surgery on April 19th. My surgeon is Dr. Moazzez in Fairfax. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any support groups closer to the Alexandria/DC area? I'm excited. A little nervous too. So anything you can share with me would be greatly appreciated Thanks!
philly2dc
on 3/18/10 11:26 pm
This is my first time on the DC forum, I am always on the lap band forum and glad that I decided to check this out.  I had band surgery with Dr Harrington at Holy Cross which I love that place, BUT now that Dr Harrington is not practicing at the monment they had to find me a new surgeon.  My new surgeon is Dr. Rickford and I heard that he was good, I have only met with him twice so we'll see.  When get to so use to one Dr for a year than you have to go to someone new it's hard but hey I will adjust.  That was my first time at that hospital and I can say that it's no Holy Cross by no means.

ncmdgirl
on 3/12/10 9:05 am
thx for the good luck wishes, I have already had surgery and I absolutely love Dr. Rickford!
asiamecca
on 3/12/10 4:30 am
I am currently awaiting test results/appointments and Dr. Rickford is also my sergeon. Good luck.
nettalyn73
on 3/12/10 2:02 am - Silver Spring, MD
Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring 2nd Wednesday.
kimberlina180
on 3/3/10 11:29 pm
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with
Most Active