Recent Posts

ASLgeek
on 10/7/10 6:00 am - Lakeland, FL
Topic: Frustrated
I was wondering if anyone knew of a surgeon in the DC area that won't make me sit through another seminar?

I have been through 15 million and 1 seminars (most of them on my old insurance alone). I am tired of wasting my time. I am a college student and I work. I don't have free time to sit through anymore seminars. I have thoroughly educated myself about the procedures and have made up my mind. I don't feel there is anything else they can tell me in a seminar that I don't already know (maybe in the educational classes that's another story).

I found a surgeon in FL, sat through the seminar and all, they told me what I needed for my insurance co but they won't even send me the medical record release forms which bothers me because I don't live in FL anymore, I don't have the time or money to constantly go back and forth to FL pre-op (post-op is another story as that probably won't occur until after I graduate).

I am beyond frustrated and just want to get the ball rolling.
kimberlina180
on 9/27/10 11:39 pm, edited 9/27/10 11:40 pm
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with
Topic: RE: Dr. Brian Long at Sibley -- any opinions??
Hey there- I had my surgery with him. I checked out 5 other seminars/doctors before I decided on Sibley. I would recommend him.

1. they helped with the insurance paperwork and set up all of my appointments for me whereas most other doctors gave me a list of things to do they took care of it.

2. the initial payment included everything I needed pre-op and was a lot lower than some other docs.

3. good staff,  hospital stay was good

4. And what really sold me was that he was a doctor at Walter Reed before and I've spent a lot of time there and know they have the best docs.
anninva
on 9/20/10 11:28 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: Dr. Brian Long at Sibley -- any opinions??
Hi all,

new to this forum!  starting the process with dr. long at sibley and wondering if anyone else had experience with this program.  i'm planning on having the vsg and i know he does the band and the RNY as well.  I'm just interested in connecting with some other Sibley patients!!!!

Hope to connect soon!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Cleopatra_Nik
on 9/9/10 5:19 am - Baltimore, MD
Topic: X-post: do I smell pumpkin pie? Invite inside

Perhaps…but you won’t know unless you’re there.

Where?

The Pouch Party™ 2010 Holiday Preview

November 13th, 2-4 p.m.

Baltimore, MD

At the preview, you’ll be able to sample weight-loss surgery friendly holiday dishes and sides, learn about making healthy swaps at the family holiday get-together and see demonstrations on how to make sweet holiday protein treats!

If you are in the MD/VA/DC/PA area (or if you just feel like driving to Baltimore), trust me: you don’t want to miss this!

Hit me up if you want more information.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Nikki and I am co-owner of Pouch Party, a company that does interactive, fun cooking demonstrations for weight loss surgery patients of all surgery types in homes and support group settings. If you'd like to know more about having a Pouch Party in general, or about our company, feel free to drop me a PM :)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

wanttolive72
on 8/23/10 4:15 am - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Having surgery 9/10/10 at Providence Hospital
Sure we can be friends i have started my liquid diet four days ago and yesterday and today hvae been my hardest days dealing with fatigue and headaches.
kimberlina180
on 8/23/10 3:15 am
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with
Topic: RE: Some DC Metro Buddies?? (X-Post)
I just found a new meetup group. The group is for the DC metro area. I hope more people join so she keeps it going.
http://www.meetup.com/Lapband-Meetup/
Debra S.
on 8/22/10 9:11 am
Topic: RE: Having surgery 9/10/10 at Providence Hospital
Hi Ricardo

I am scheduled to have my lapband on the same day. Maybe we can be supportive of each other. I am excited and nervous but ready to embark on this new chapter in my life. Maybe we can be friends.
wanttolive72
on 8/22/10 9:05 am - Washington, DC
Topic: Having surgery 9/10/10 at Providence Hospital
 Hello my name is Ricardo and iam having Gastric bypass done on September 10,2010 and iam looking for some pre and post op friends to help me make the best of this life changing procedure and I look forward to meeting new friends.
poohressa
on 7/21/10 2:13 pm - Lanham, MD
Topic: RE: Support groups in DC area
I has sy surgery with the same group. Dr. Salameh is wonderful and I have yet to attend a support group meeting but I think I need to go
aftimos
on 7/19/10 1:04 pm - Alexandria, VA
Topic: RE: Support groups in DC area
I live in Alexandria but had my sugery at Arlington Hospital.  Our support group meets at Arlington Hospital every 3rd Thursday at 7pm.  If you are interested I can give you their email address and they will send you their monthly newsletter.  The Doctors are Mayes and Salameh.
Most Active