Recent Posts

Judy B.
on 7/9/03 1:26 pm - Bolling AFB, DC
Topic: RE: Trying to start a support group for young adults
Falon, What ages are you considering for your group? What do you consider a young adult? 20's? 30's? 40's? Judy
Falon L.
on 7/9/03 11:00 am - Washington, DC
Topic: Trying to start a support group for young adults
Hello my name is Falon and I am hoping to start a support group with other young adults. I am schedualed to have my surgery on Jul 22nd. If anyone is intrested in joining please e-mail me at [email protected] Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Zanetta
on 6/21/03 7:00 pm - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Hello!!!
Yes I am a patient of Dr. Fullum. I had my consultation May 15, 2003. I really enjoyed talking to the people who were waiting in the waiting room. They gave me a lot of personal information about what is like to have to surgery done. I cant say that was much fun because I sat in that waiting room for almost four hours waiting on the doctor to call me. And Dr. Fullum was not even there. I saw a young female doctor. They told me that someone would call me and give a list of doctor appointments. To this date Ms. Edwards has not called me with that information. I call the office and leave messages but she has not called me back. I am starting to feel frustrated and upset. I have to question for you. How did you get all your doctors appointments so quick? Over all I still hopefully to have the surgery done. My insurance company is Advantage. If you are interested in talking to me by email please do my email address is [email protected]. Peace!
Dominique P.
on 6/16/03 10:26 am - Takoma Park, MD
Topic: Hello!!!
I am from Takoma Park...not technically D.C., but close enough Are there any Dr. Fullum patients here? I had my initial consult with his internist and staff last Thursday, and I really liked them. I have all of my pre-op testing done, so now all I have to do is wait for Amerigroup to approve me... the longest, most frustrating part!! Are there any of you who would like to start a local support group for pre/post-op bariatric patients? I would really like a small support group around the Takoma Park area...Anyway, just a thought Take Care, Dominique
Zanetta
on 6/15/03 7:28 pm - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Sick of the Weight!
I understand how you feel. I feel the same way. I am 27 years old, married, mother of one seven month old son. I remember saying I dont see how people let themselves get that big, and now look at me. I wish that I could wake up one morning and this be all a nightmare. My problem is that I dont work and have DC medical assistance so I dont know if they will pay for the surgery or not. Wish me luck. If you are interested in talking to me my email address is [email protected].
antiques55
on 6/14/03 3:31 am - Somewhere, MD
Topic: Kaiser Mid-Atlantic Support Group
Hi all! I live in Maryland but have Kaiser Mid-Atlantic insurance, which many VA and DC residents also have. Since Kaiser's approval procedure is so regimented, I'm hoping to form a support group to share experiences that may help others on their path to approval. Right now there are 3 of us that are pre-op who are sharing emails. If you're interested in joining us, please email me. Thanks! Lori
Elizabeth O.
on 6/7/03 4:05 pm - upper marlboro, MD
Topic: RE: Sick of the Weight!
I can wait to gain the strength that a strong young white woman should have! Why does everything have to be about race? Lets leave that out, no one is superior or will feel any better than another after surgery simply because of the color of their skin.
kieshax
on 6/6/03 2:57 am - Washington, DC
Topic: Dr. Visit
I had My first visit with my internal medicine doctor, and it went fairly well. The hardest part to me is dealing with them insurance companies, and trying to get approved. But with hope and prayer it will work itself out. Now a day they want you to be in a weight program for 6 consectutive months before approval. Please drop me a line if anyone know any outher way to get around that 6 months.
Zanetta
on 5/30/03 6:33 pm - Washington, DC
Topic: Insurance
I have Advantage insurance and have not found anyone who has had the surgery covered by the insurance company. If anyone who has this same insurance company. I would like to know what experience did you have.
(deactivated member)
on 5/29/03 11:12 am - washington, DC
Topic: RE: Protien shakes
Hey there, a friend of mine says that the shakes they sell in Gold's Gym are really good and come in a lot of different flavors.
Most Active