Recent Posts

antiques55
on 8/6/03 7:38 am - Somewhere, MD
Topic: Dr. Lin's patients
Okay, let's try that again! lol I am a Kaiser patient and my choice of surgeons is limited to Dr. Anez in VA and Dr. Lin. Up until now I've been thinking of having my surgery with Dr. Anez, however I'm learning that Dr. Anez is scheduling surgeries at least 4 months out. After my long wait with Kaiser, I don't want to tack more time onto it. So I'm seeking information about Dr. Lin. Specifically I want to know: -how much he bypasses -what his aftercare is like -what your stay at GWU was like Any info I can get would be helpful! Thanks.
antiques55
on 8/6/03 7:35 am - Somewhere, MD
Judy B.
on 8/3/03 12:00 pm - Bolling AFB, DC
Topic: RE: What is the wait time now for DR KIM MARLEY?
HI, As of May when I saw Dr. Marleys nurse, the wait time was 2 years or more. Thats why they referred me to a civilian doc out "on the economy". Hope this answers your question. Judy
Cupcake B.
on 8/1/03 11:58 am - Temple Hills, MD
Topic: I need a wls friendly pcp in dc.
I know not a lot of people read this message board but here goes: I am looking for a good doctor in or near washington dc with experience dealing with a gastric bypass post - op. Also anybody with bad experiences dealing with any doctors ( primary care physicians) feel free to post as well, so I know who to avoid.
greenejl
on 7/24/03 7:06 am - 88, Belize
Topic: Mamsi Insurance
Hello Everyone! I am interested in WLS, but an not sure that my insurance, Mamsi Optimum Choice HMO, will cover this procedure. Has anyone had an experience with this insurer??
JOSEPH H.
on 7/24/03 2:21 am - WASHINGTON, DC
Topic: TWO INSURANCE PLANS
I'VE HAD LIMITED EXPERIENCE WITH HEALTH INSURANCE IN MY LIFE AND I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND A LITTLE DUMB, BUT HAS ANYONE EVER USED TWO HEALTH INSURANCE POLICIES TO COVER THEIR WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY? I HAVE TWO PLANS AND WAS WONDERING THIS.
Demetris W.
on 7/22/03 10:45 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Topic: What is the wait time now for DR KIM MARLEY?
Does anyone know what the current wait time is for consults and surgery with Dr. Marley (military) -- Walter Reed?.. I have Tricare standard (champus) but I was thinking about switching to prime if the need arises.
nikki1106
on 7/20/03 7:18 am - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Hello!!!
Hey Dominique!! I am a patient of Dr. Fullum. I am still in pre-op. I haven't received a surgery date yet but I am waiting patiently. I am ready to experience a new life without all this weight. I live in N.E. DC and I am interested in joining a support group or helping you get it started. You can contact me via email: [email protected] Blessings on your Surgery, Nikki
Dominique P.
on 7/10/03 7:54 am - Takoma Park, MD
Topic: RE: Trying to start a support group for young adults
Hey Falon! I, too, have my surgery on July 22nd. My surgery is with Dr. Fullum at Wahington Adventist Hospital at 12:30pm. I am excited out of my mind LOL Anyway, I would love to be part of your forming group. I have emailed you, and you can call me or email me about the specifics. I live in the Takoma Park/Silver Spring area, where are you expecting to have these meetings? Hopefully I will hear from you soon Take Care, Dominique
Falon L.
on 7/10/03 12:52 am - Washington, DC
Topic: RE: Trying to start a support group for young adults
I Judy Between the ages of 20-35. I think that is a good break down age group for young adults.
Most Active