Recent Posts

Joe S.
on 9/30/03 9:22 am
Topic: A new look and new features
Howdee people! Now you can post graphics to your posts :-) Here are some examples below: :kiss: :lol: :nono: :party: :rofl: :smokin: :sniff: :jump: :grad: :chair: :afro: :angel: :dance: :zap: You may have noticed these state forums gaining more and more features since they were launched a few months ago. Today we're putting a new round of improvements into effect. Please feel free to help us test these out. If you find any problems, just click on the "Technical Problems" hyperlink below. Also, please feel free to go through the list of hyperlinks along the left side of this forum and click on each thing there. Recently members have been suggesting that we build things that we already built and put there! :'( :-@ :sniff: Note, there are TWO places to add graphics. First, to the post title. You can insert just one per title. You do that by clicking on an icon to the right of the posting page. Second, you can insert as many icons as you wish into the body of your message, BUT TO DO THIS (FOR NOW AT LEAST) YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY TYPE OUT THE SYMBOL CODE. We can be upgrading to a click-insert system on that later. What do you think about these features? We'll be changing the main site board to incorporate them soon, but have been using these state boards as a type of testing ground. Anyway, please tell us what you think. We're dedicated to better serving our members. If you have suggestions you'd like me to personally see, please click on my name, go to my profile, and click on the "Email me" hyperlink. Also, if you have icons that you would recommend be added to our collection, please email them to [email protected] along with information stating how you didn't violate any copywrite issues to get them. Working together, we're really rocketing towards more and more amazing achievements. Let's give ourselves a big round of applause. Thanks!
Amy B.
on 9/29/03 3:01 am - Greensboro, NC
Topic: Still in Need
Just want to say thanks to everyone who has helped my friend Jim Shaver. We still have a long way to go raising money for his surgery. Please if you haven't done so, visit his website and read his story. www.helpsaveavoice.com Surgery is scheduled for October 22 in Charleston, WV. He must have all the money by October 21. If everyone would just give 5.00...we would meet the goal in no time at all. God bless you and thanks for everything...continue to pray. Amy Buie Greensboro, NC www.simeons-promise.com
Amy B.
on 9/24/03 12:24 am - Greensboro, NC
Topic: Please pray for my friend...
Hi everyone, I had my surgery on 8/8/01 and currently I am at goal and doing well. A friend of mine (actually my sweetheart) needs his surgery very badly and his insurance (UHC) will not pay. His church friends and I are trying to raise the money necessary for him to have surgery. Please visit his website...www.helpsaveavoice.com. All you need to do is listen to his voice on the website and you'll know why we need to save his life...and voice. God has already touched so many lives with his voice and his outstanding testimony. I cannot sit on the sidelines and let his doctors perform the tracheotomy on him. Please help if you can, pass along a word of encouragement...and most importantly PRAY that God's will be done in Jimmy's life. Thanks, Amy Buie Greensboro, NC
Kim P.
on 9/10/03 1:12 am - Joplin, MO
Dominique P.
on 9/7/03 1:10 pm - Takoma Park, MD
Topic: BIG NEWS!!!!
I just found out that there is a wonderful place called www.meetup.com, and they have tons of topics that people can create "meetups" or support groups for. Well, they have one for weight loss surgery! Not enough people have signed up for the WLS meetups in the Montgomery County/MD area yet, so they can't have the meetings. So, anyone who would like to "meetup" with fellow 'losers', I URGE ya to go to wls.meetup.com and sign up for one of the meetup locations. I did the one in Montgomery County, because that's where I live Anyway, I hope that we can get more people together and have big meetups and stuff! I'm so glad that I found this sight Take Care, Dominique
Necole C.
on 8/27/03 6:07 am - Silver Spring, MD
Topic: DCMetroBBWGalPals - Social Group
Hello everyone. I just wanted to invite you to join my group if you are interested. I am BBW girl who has pursued gastric bypass in the past but unfortunately was denied. So now I'm taking alternative methods to weight loss. I've found that it is very hard to make friends and meet new people being the "big" person of the group. I had joined many social groups and always felt like the other girls didn't want me there cause I wasn't the chick who was running around half naked and drawing major attention from men. So I decided to create my own social group for Plus sized women. No offense to men but sometimes us ladies need some good girl friends to get together without the boys. So far the group has started off slow but I'm hoping there will be more interest. The group as it is now has plans to do happy hours, meet for dinner, potluck, shopping, a game night whatever anyone is into, we are open to all ideas. My main goal of forming this group was to meet other women of size and you know kind of feel comfortable in our own skin around women who we can relate to rather than feeling like the "odd" girl of the group who has the extra junk in her trunk. Now granted not everyone in the group is gastric bypass material (size 16/19's) but please don't let that stop you from taking an interest in the group. I'm sure we can all learn something from each other whether it has to do with surgery or not....besides we want this be a fun group just as much a support group for BBW's of all ages, races, religions what have you! A very close friend of mine who is post OP 2+ years is in the group so she can talk to you all day about her success.....She was operated on by Dr. Afram in April 01 and has lost 145lbs and has also had some post op plastic surgery. If you are interested in joining the group, please email me personally at [email protected] Best Regards, Nikki
Cupcake B.
on 8/20/03 10:29 am - Temple Hills, MD
Topic: RE: Dr. Lin's patients
I am a patient of DR. ANEZ 2/12/03 305/194/175. IMHO Dr. Anez is worth the wait. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any further questions
blank first name B.
on 8/18/03 7:36 am
Topic: RE: Dr. Lin's patients
I recently met with Dr. Lin. He has performed 400 and has had 2 deaths- one from a blood clot to the lungs and one from leakage. Hope that helps!
Teresa A.
on 8/11/03 5:35 am - Mechanicsville, MD
Topic: RE: Mamsi Insurance
Jackie, I had Mamsi Life and Health. They denied me at first, but I appealed and they finally gave in. They covered everything. I didn't have anything to pay "out-of-pocket".
Cupcake B.
on 8/6/03 7:40 am - Temple Hills, MD
Topic: RE: I need a wls friendly pcp in dc.
*ORIGINAL POSTER HERE* I've actually already found a doctor as of today, so please disregard this post.
Most Active