MsPammy
on 4/22/11 12:07 am
MsPammy
on 4/22/11 12:02 am
Gabriel B.
on 3/23/11 4:44 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Topic: RE: George Washington University Hospital
Hello,

I recently had surgery at GW Hospital w/ Dr. Joseph Aframs team. I attended groups at his office while I waited to be approved for surgery. I was treated really well by his staff at the office. I highly recommend Dr Aframs to you if you decide to have the surgery. Stacy and her staff at the hospital spoiled me with how well they treated me. I had concerns going into the surgery about the risk factors that come along with having a surgery like this. Dr Aframs' staff was very infomative and seemed to have all the answers to all my questions before surgery. Presently, I have lost 55 pounds in the first 3 weeks. I am healing and extremely excited for what the future has in store for me. I am no one special, anyone can do this. I was a 70 bmi and weighed 529 pounds. I can honestly say that Dr Aframs saved my life. Feel free to add me on here if you have any other questions.
 gb23_2004    
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/11 12:15 am - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
Topic: DC NE Union Station here
Anyone in my area? Would love to make some WLS walking buddies for lunch. Im pre-op but hope to be having surgery in May. Local buddies and support would be helpful. I work at the S.E.C. as a govt contractor project manager.
LashaeLashae
on 3/8/11 9:39 am - lanham, MD
Topic: George Washington University Hospital
Has anyone had wls with

Dr.Joseph Afram team at George Washington University Hospital? If so please fill me in and what were your results?

deevah
on 3/5/11 11:41 am - MD
Topic: Dr. J. R. Salameh--Anyone??
I am looking for anyone who has had their surgery performed by Dr. Salameh out of Virginia Hospital Center.  Any information you can give me about your experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!  

Thundergrrrl
on 2/2/11 10:54 pm
Topic: RE: XPost. List of surgeons, surgeries, fees etc.
I am also Dr. Averbach/Lap Band and my fees were the same - $650 out of pocket. I have United Healthcare.

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

Thundergrrrl
on 2/2/11 10:40 pm
Topic: $25 unlimited boot camp (LivingSocial deal)
I just got this and wanted to share. I have never tried boot camp before but for $25 for a month of unlimited sessions it sounds like a good deal!  They have locations all over DC/MD/VA.

https://livingsocial.com/deals/19938?ref=personalized-link-b ox-5630185&rpi=5630185

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

dogbeau
on 1/25/11 1:17 am - DC
Topic: I'm a loser in D.C.
Greetings all

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just moved to Washington D.C. from Atlanta in late December. I had my surgery (RNY) in August and today I have lost approximately 135 lbs. I'm feeling fantastic - loving the new body and the new me.

I am on the hunt for a surgeon to take over my follow-up care from my Atlanta surgeon. Dr. Rickford was recommended to me, but I am finding his office staff to be completely  unhelpful and unfriendly. So if any of you have any recommendations, feel free to give a shout out.

Also looking for a support group. I'll search the boards for all of this but just throwing it out there.

So, I am to understand that there will be no side dishes tonight? - Eric Cartman 

syl1951
on 1/16/11 3:25 am
Topic: Seeking participants for a study on WLS dietary restrictions

I'm a candidate for the PhD in Nursing Science and I'm conducting a study to understand the process of staying with the dietary guidelines after any type of weight loss surgery.  The study is part of my doctoral dissertation at Catholic University of America in WDC.  If you have had any type of WLS in the past 3 months to 3 years and would like to participate in a 45-60 minute interview, please contact me at [email protected] or call me at 202-296-9541.
I will be happy to discuss your questions in more detail. 

Thanks,

Sylvia Stevens, APRN-BC, MS

Most Active