Looking for events

cynsirk
on 1/3/06 10:59 pm - Mechanicsville, MD
I read lots of profiles for inspiration from the before/after photo page. Often I read about members who attend WLS functions, luncheons, discussions, even cruises! Anyone know about any in the MD/VA/DC area? I am almost 3 months out from open RNY and feel great. Would like to meet other patients in my area. Cynthia S.
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/06 4:30 pm - Yakima, WA
Hi If you go here: http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/events.php you can click links to local events and see the OH regional events schedule. Good luck!
Golfmom
on 1/7/06 9:27 pm - North Bethesda, MD
I am part of the Shady Grove Adventist Hospital support group. Although it is run primarily by Dr. Barry Greene, many, many of us are not Dr Greene patients but now live in Montgomery County. We meet 2nd Monday and 4th Sunday of the month (www.advanced wls.com). We've gotten together to have a "simple supper" potluck once a month. Everyone brings a dish and it's lots of fun. I'm hosting the January Simple Supper on Saturday, January 14th at 4 pm. I hope this is convenient for most of you. It'll be early enough that the youngins can go out afterwards and us, older folks can get to relax early and those of us Post-Ops (WLS and PS) can get off our feet! I'm right near Cabin John Shopping Center/Montgomery Mall. Email me off line for address and directions. RSVP with what you're bringing so we're sure to have lots of variety. Bring your favorite low carb dish and recipe. Pre-Ops and Post-Ops are welcome. Meet everyone, have fun, eat good stuff, ask all your questions and get helpful hints. Come One - Come All Gale
Most Active