Researcher Needs Your Help

Ronda E.
on 12/19/05 12:44 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
My name is Patricia Drew, and I'm a doctoral candidate in sociology at UC Santa Barbara. I am currently researching people who have had - or are planning to have - weight loss surgery.
I'm looking for people to talk with about their surgery-related experiences - whether you've already had the surgery or you're planning on having it soon. This study focuses on why you decided to have surgery and how it has affected your life.
If you are interested, you can answer questions via email or engage in either a telephone or in-person interview. All information will be confidential and your name, email address, and other identifiers will be removed.
Findings from this study will reveal how and why bariatric surgery is important to patients. It will also show how weight loss surgery affects patients' social lives and personal relationships. Study findings may be published in OH Magazine, academic journals, and, potentially, as a book.
I have put up a website with more information about my research. The address is: http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~pdrew
If you would like to participate or find out more, please email me at: [email protected].
Thanks for your time! I hope to hear from you soon!
Sincerely, Patricia Drew
Most Active