Why do you eat?

Amy Williams
on 10/21/05 7:55 am
Do we all have emotional eating problems?

This is something I would have to say has been one of my biggest denials
since surgery. I refused to believe that I had any emotional attachment to food, but I found that I do. In fact...I LOVE food. I ate it when I was both happy and sad. Some of the most difficult situations will put you in that position again even after surgery that food is your comfort. This is called snacking. It's a very bad habit that can be picked up after surgery and lead to weight gain. So you might ask what can be done?

Well......

I would like to introduce Dr. Roger Gould. I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Gould in New Jersey at the East Coast National event. He is a man who has for years worked with individuals to identify what is their emotional attachment to food. Dr. Gould hosted a class during the event and so many members walked away with so much insight. The great news is that Obesityhelp has been working with Dr. Gould to develop an "Emotional Eating" forum to talk directly with him about your personal issues and then work through them. This will be coming to you all within the next few weeks so be checking back often for links to the new area.

Dr. Gould will be checking the main message board post often to start answering some of your questions.

If you have a question for Dr. Gould and would like to join the discussion please click on this link.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/postdetail/1559282.html?vc=0

Amy
Most Active