Constipation!!

Zanetta
on 9/10/05 9:02 am - Washington, DC
Hello everyone. I have a problem. Lately for the last couple of weeks I have been constipated. I mean truely constipated. What I'm wondering is this normal for people who have had the surgery? My stomach dont hurt or anything it just when I go to the bathroom. Ok I dont want to gross you all like but, its feels like Im in labor with a turd. Truely it nothing to laugh about but, now that I'm not in the bathroom its ok to smile about the statement. I have tried different stuff like exlax milk of Magnesia, Natural Remody, and Con Lise. And nothing has happened. I even tried to eat spinage (sorry about the spelling) but that has not worked either. I want to go to the doctors but I would feel stupid and angry if they tell me I need to eat more fiber. I eat plenty of fiber, no more then I did a few months ago. But if they say something like that there will be a big misunderstanding in the place. Plus, I dont want to take anything that will mess up my stomach. Please, if anyone can tell me if this is normal and if they went through this. What did they do for it? Please help a sista out!!!!
PHA STAR
on 9/15/05 5:48 am - washington, DC
Hi Zanetta Sorry to hear about the Constipation. I see that you are in DC. Let me tell you what to do.... Now I don't know the name of thsi stuff but it works in like 20min...TOPS. I purchased it from CVS and GIANT, it comes in a Green bottle, and it kind of looks like sprint and it cost about $1.50ea...Let me tell you to just stay near the
Zanetta
on 9/15/05 9:04 am - Washington, DC
Hey Eastern Star, Thank you so much the information, because I now at the point of taking two different laxatives. I think I know what you are talking about. I have to get some and give a try. How often do you use it? Is it ok to use everyday? By the way, who did your surgery? Mines was done by Dr. Fullum at Providence Hospital. One more question!! Who do you talk to for support? Do you have a group that use joined. I need some support, right about now!!
PHA STAR
on 9/20/05 2:25 am - washington, DC
Hi Zanetta Dr.Rebecca Evangelista, and Dr. Brodsky at Washington Surgery Group performed my surgery at GW hospital. We have our group support meetings every 4th Thursday at GW Hospital. If you need to talk since we are locaal we can. I'll send you an e-mail
Zanetta
on 9/20/05 9:50 am - Washington, DC
Oh yes please. I need some kind of support. I feel like Im out here all by myself. I had my surgery at Providence Hospital with Dr.Fullum, but other than that. I feel like that they proformed the surgery and sent me home with know nothing. What I want to know is where am I suppose to be at this staff of the surgery? Am I eating to much or to little? I need to know for my sanity. I would love to come to a support group. thank you for telling me about it. If you are interested in talking please call me! 202-563-0586
Most Active