Anyone has Dr.Afram as their surgeon?

amiracle5
on 7/26/05 9:42 am - martinsburg, WV
Is there anyone who has Dr.Aram as their surgeon? If so how is he? What protein shakes are the best and where to get them from?
PHA STAR
on 7/27/05 4:34 am - washington, DC
Hi Tanya, Is seems like this board NEVERS gets visited...you might want to post your question on the BAF (Black American Forum). or the Main Message Board. I know of serval people on BAF that had Dr.Afram as their surgeon. The links are below, the first one is for BAF, and the second one is for the main message board. Both boards are ALWAYS full of positive and informative information......Hope this helps.. www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/member-interests/black_american/ www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/messageboard/
KPConley
on 7/30/05 4:25 pm - Silver Spring, MD
My surgeons are Dr Buras and Dr Afram. They came highly recommended to me by a new friend. I went to one of their seminars and that was it. I made up my mind then and there. I have been thinking about the surgery for about 5 years, and now I have found the doctors with whom I feel comfortable working with. Dr Afram and Dr Buras have more than 20 years experience doing just this surgery. They have done more than 3500 surgeries. Their whole program has a great success rate with minimal complications. They do a good deal of pretesting, so they can minimize any possible surprises. Their support system is quite comprehensive, complete with a dietician, trainer, psychologist and the support group meetings twice a week. I will be taking my husband and daughter in for one of their seminars, so that they can feel as comfortable as I do. I haven't scheduled yet, but once I have approval from my insurance company, I hope to really get things rolling. I already have my pre-op clearances in the works. I have seen the cardiologist once and go back for a stress test on the 9th of August. My appointment with the pulmonologist is on the 1st of August. I have a couple more letters to write to other doctors for recommendations for the surgery (to get the insurance company on board). Then I will just have the pre-op physical with the surgeon and whatever other tests may be necessary and I should be good to go. I am hoping for a date either the 1st or 2nd week of September. On one hand I am so excited with the hope of actually being thin again, after 35 years of a roller coaster ride on the scale. On the other hand I am petrified...what if I (of all people) have complications...what if I prove to be the one this doesn't work on...what if I wake up and find out they couldn't do the surgery because of some yet unknown, bizarre condition that I, of all people, would have...the list goes on. All things considered, I am happy with my choice of surgeons and do not plan on seeking a second opinion. Good luck to you Kathy
Most Active