Movin back to DC !

Troberts
on 7/18/05 4:44 am - Felton, PA
I am a native Washingtonian currently living in Laurel, MD. I plan on moving back to DC in the fall. Are there any post surgery support groups meeting in DC? If so let me know which ones and where they meet. Thanks TL
PHA STAR
on 7/18/05 5:14 am - washington, DC
HI! I live in DDC and attend my surgeons support group at GW Hospital, and you are more than welsome to attend. They are every 4th Thursday at GW on the 4th floor conference room. I notice that not to many people visit the DC board, although there are many people on OH that are from the DC area, so you might want to come on over to BAF (black american forum) board heres the link www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/member-interests/black_american/ Let me know if you decide to attend the meetings.....also when did you have your surgery?
KPConley
on 7/24/05 12:20 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Hi Tracy! I am actually pre-op, but I am working with Drs. Afram and Buras. The doctors have a really great program, complete with post-op support meetings twice a week, which, I believe, are open to anyone who has had WLS. They are located off Washington Circle, near GWU. Here is their web site: http://www.obesitycenter.org/intro.htm Good Luck and maybe I will see you there Kathy
Most Active