New: Challenge

Amy Williams
on 6/30/05 5:56 am
How many of you remember what is was like to be new on the site or just fixing to have surgery. Did you have a surgery angel? There are many members who want an angel. It's not very hard to become an angel actually and it's a great way to give back to others.

I was even pre-op being an angel to others. It doesn't matter if you've had surgery or not it's just simply about giving support to another OH member. Letting them know we are here to help them through. I know right before surgery how scary it can be and just knowing that others care is a wonderful feeling. So this is my challenge.

I challenge those who have the time to contact a member that don't have an angel listed and see how you can help them. Sometimes we just need someone, ANYONE to talk with. You can make a difference in someone's life. Let them know they are not alone.

Here's a link on what an angel is exactly and there is a link on this page about who are needing angels. Locate someone near you, or they don't even have to be near you, email and phones work great too :)
http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/beanangel.phtml

Let's all show our support.

If you are interested in helping OH by posting about the angel program or telling others on the site about it for the future please email me.
[email protected]

Everyone here can be an angel, it's a great way to make a new friend. :love:

Amy
Most Active