1 month post op

Gina H.
on 12/10/04 5:22 am - Odenton, MD
Hello, my name is Gina and I am 1 month post op. I am worried because my doctor started me on solid foods already and everything I eat in any amount seems to cause a pain and then I need to vomit to make the pain go away. I am worried that I am stretching my stomach and undoing all that was done to begin with. :-0 I went back to the Dr for my 1 month follow up appointment and only lost 6 lbs from the 2 week appointment to the 4 week. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong? I try to eat pureed and solids that are watery and everything comes up. The doctor suggested that I may be eating too fast or too much but, I am concerned as to what amount should I be eating at a time. I went from 2 oz to 4 oz and still no change. Please, any advice or help would be great. Thanks, Gina in MD
Ruth S.
on 2/7/05 5:40 am - Orlando, FL
That is disconcerning to me - at one month you should be on liquids only, any solid food would make you sick - as you are experimenting. Do you have a nutritionist? Try to find one that works with WLS patients. Pardon me but that doc doesn't sound "right" to me. After 6 weeks some people try pureed and then soft foods, and 3-4 months light solids etc. For the first month I was drinking 2 oz liquids. You should eat or drink only til your full not beyond that because that will make you sick. If you are having major pain with your throw ups you need to check with the doc..there is a thing called a stricture that develops with some people. That means that your intestinal tract is not sufficient opened or may have closed so that anything you "eat" will come up cause it doesn't have anywhere else to go. Please see your doctor right away and don't leave until he does something right! Good luck!
Most Active