D.C. Area Support Groups?

Jennifer ..
on 11/25/03 1:40 am - Washington, DC
I had a lap RNY Sept. 9. Though I live in D.C., my surgery was with a surgeon in New York, N.Y. I've been going to as many of the monthly support groups my surgeon holds as I can (when they coincide with my checkups), but I'd love to start going to a bariatric surgery support group in this area. Can someone (or some people) post information about area support groups on this board? Thank you, Jen.
dina L.
on 11/25/03 10:16 am - laurel, MD
Hi Im still waiting insurance approval, but i would be intrested in going to a DC support group. I live in Laurel and go to the Pasadena group which is a nice group.
Nicole G.
on 12/23/03 6:54 am - Greenbelt, MD
I am interested in having a WLS and I wanted to begin going to support groups. I also am looking into recommendation regarding doctors. Thanks!
Carolyn A.
on 1/17/04 11:00 am - Washington DC, DC
I'm sceduled for surgery next month. I'm looking for a DC group also.
Mary M.
on 12/2/03 6:31 am - Washington, DC
Dr. Hazem Elariny has a support group the first Tuesday of every month at INOVA Fairfax hospital. You can check out the people and find out more about the group at group.yahoo.com/groups/DS_Elariny ( I hope I got the site address right!). I'd be really interested in a support group in DC though because getting to Fairfax for a 7:00 PM meeting can be hard. Mary McGill
Crystal B.
on 1/5/04 5:22 am - Greenbelt, MD
Hello, There is also a MD support group on Mondays from 7-9 and a VA one on Tuesdays. These are for the DS as well as the RNY patients. It is run by Dr. Elariny's patients; however, ANY pre and post ops are welcome. After all, we are all in the same boat concerning WLS no matter what surgeon performs it, right? Please e-mail me at [email protected], and I can put you in touch with the contact person. Thanks. Crystal
Most Active