DCMetroBBWGalPals - Social Group

Necole C.
on 8/27/03 6:07 am - Silver Spring, MD
Hello everyone. I just wanted to invite you to join my group if you are interested. I am BBW girl who has pursued gastric bypass in the past but unfortunately was denied. So now I'm taking alternative methods to weight loss. I've found that it is very hard to make friends and meet new people being the "big" person of the group. I had joined many social groups and always felt like the other girls didn't want me there cause I wasn't the chick who was running around half naked and drawing major attention from men. So I decided to create my own social group for Plus sized women. No offense to men but sometimes us ladies need some good girl friends to get together without the boys. So far the group has started off slow but I'm hoping there will be more interest. The group as it is now has plans to do happy hours, meet for dinner, potluck, shopping, a game night whatever anyone is into, we are open to all ideas. My main goal of forming this group was to meet other women of size and you know kind of feel comfortable in our own skin around women who we can relate to rather than feeling like the "odd" girl of the group who has the extra junk in her trunk. Now granted not everyone in the group is gastric bypass material (size 16/19's) but please don't let that stop you from taking an interest in the group. I'm sure we can all learn something from each other whether it has to do with surgery or not....besides we want this be a fun group just as much a support group for BBW's of all ages, races, religions what have you! A very close friend of mine who is post OP 2+ years is in the group so she can talk to you all day about her success.....She was operated on by Dr. Afram in April 01 and has lost 145lbs and has also had some post op plastic surgery. If you are interested in joining the group, please email me personally at [email protected] Best Regards, Nikki
Most Active