Dr. Brian Long at Sibley -- any opinions??

anninva
on 9/20/10 11:28 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Hi all,

new to this forum!  starting the process with dr. long at sibley and wondering if anyone else had experience with this program.  i'm planning on having the vsg and i know he does the band and the RNY as well.  I'm just interested in connecting with some other Sibley patients!!!!

Hope to connect soon!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

ursamajor31
on 4/28/11 4:01 pm
Hello, I am hoping to have my vsg with Dr. Long in October. I'm completing my 6 months on medical weight loss supervision and working with a nutritionist at Sibley.  I would like to hear an update on both of your experiences with Dr. Long and Sibley.  So far, I am pleased.  The staff is friendly, knowlegeable and helpful.
Becoming a better me ... one step at a time!
anninva
on 4/29/11 12:52 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Agree totally with all of the above.  i also went to a bunch of seminars.  Sibley was first and the one where i felt the most comfortable so i went with that feeling.  Staff is fantastic, as mentioned above they set up all you appts, their fee is only $600 and includes all pre- and post-op appts with Dr. Long/Brian Wallace (FNP, director of the program and all-around good guy who has been in the bariatric biz a good long time) at the time of your approval, they have a great relationship with ins cos can i was approved within 2 days (depends on the ins co, but his surgical practice staff deals with them and i think they probably deal with a lot of different ones.  3 visits with NUT (post-surgery), 3 visits with trainer, and 3 visits with psych are included in their fee, etc., etc.  very attentive, kind people, and it's a small enough program that you get oodles of support and attention!!!

Loved them!  Totally encourage you to go with Sibley.  feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

kimberlina180
on 9/27/10 11:39 pm, edited 9/27/10 11:40 pm
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with
Hey there- I had my surgery with him. I checked out 5 other seminars/doctors before I decided on Sibley. I would recommend him.

1. they helped with the insurance paperwork and set up all of my appointments for me whereas most other doctors gave me a list of things to do they took care of it.

2. the initial payment included everything I needed pre-op and was a lot lower than some other docs.

3. good staff,  hospital stay was good

4. And what really sold me was that he was a doctor at Walter Reed before and I've spent a lot of time there and know they have the best docs.
Most Active