Hello - 12/21 is my date

ladyjedi
on 11/15/09 10:16 am - Washington, DC
REALIZE Band on 12/21/09 with
 Hello DC Board Members

I am having surgery, lap band on 12/21 at Sibley. I am on Youtube as well, doing a video blog about my progress, Ladyjedi.

I am happy to meet you and please forgive me as I my ask a lot of questions. I am scared to death about the surgery but excited about this new change in my life.

I am looking forward to meeting you!

LJ
honeybare
on 11/16/09 9:39 pm
Congrats!!!

I'm excited for you! I'm waiting patiently to send my paperwork in, but hopeful that I can get scheduled after Christmas, but in December!

Hopefully we can all be helpful!
kimberlina180
on 11/19/09 10:46 pm
REALIZE Band on 02/09/10 with
Finally someone else from Sibley!

I just finished my  psych eval and nutrition/exercise consults and I'm just waiting to hear back about my insurance.  How long did it take you to hear back? 
ladyjedi
on 11/25/09 10:17 am - Washington, DC
 I  am a self pay. My insurance would not cover the surgery. :( So I am writing the check. Trust me that is hard to do.....

My sister had surgery a week ago, and her approval was relatively fast with BC BS

kimyi
on 12/2/09 8:05 pm
Lap Band on 05/27/08 with
Hi LJ,

I had my band surgery with Dr. Long 1 1/2 years ago.  LOVE him and the staff!  You are in great hands! :-)  There is no reason to be scared, as your life will be so much better after the weight comes off. The surgery is a breeze and the fills are not bad either.  It's all about how you perceive . 

Best of luck to you.  If you have any questions, I can give you my email. 

Kim
ladyjedi
on 12/2/09 9:40 pm - Washington, DC
 Kim,

Thank you so much. I think my biggest fear is just that...FEAR of the unknown. I am preparing myself mentally. I am watching youtube every night. Sometimes till midnight. I don't want to watch anything else!!!!

I think the hardest part for me is that the people whom I thought would support me aren't supporting me. Also the reality of this major life change. I am excited, fearful, anxious, etc, all at the same time.

Thanks again for your note. Please email me [email protected]
ladyjedi
on 12/19/09 5:48 am - Washington, DC
 So the blizzard of the decade is here! My surgery is scheduled for 10:30 on Monday. I am so excited! the liquid diet is beyond hard. I don't know how anyone does it! Lime jello is gross. I prefer Cherry. LOL

So far, I have done pretty well.

I am hoping the surgery is still scheduled and that there are no changes, no postponements, etc.

Pray for me!

LJ
Most Active