Support Group

Carole Jones
on 7/10/09 11:21 pm - washington, dc
Does anyone know of any support groups in DC for people who have had their WLS revised? 

Just Kim
on 8/5/09 5:38 am
Hi Carole,

I'm late reading this post but wanted to know if you had found any support groups in DC.  I had RNY in June and Dr. Schweitzer is my surgeon too.  The support groups at Johns Hopkins don't work for me due to scheduling and location.  I would like to start attending support group meetings somewhere in or very close to the city.  Please let me know if you have any luck.

122 lbs. lost since surgery on June 11, 2009
Carole Jones
on 8/5/09 9:40 am - washington, dc
I will definately let you know, the nutritionist sugeested i go to site www.meet.com. I am going to check it out and see shat I come up with. My girlfiriend is in the process of having lap band at GWU, maybe we could tag a long with her.

Just Kim
on 8/6/09 2:40 am
Thanks Carole. I will check out that website as well. If we could go to GWU that works fine for me.  Please let me know.

Kim

122 lbs. lost since surgery on June 11, 2009
tryingtoloseweight
on 12/19/09 8:18 am
Holy Cross Hospital in Silver Spring has support groups. Every other Monday from 6:30 - 7:30pm for the band and Wednesday for Gastric Bypass. For some reason they only show the Bypass on the web site (link below) but they also have groups on Monday for hte band. I belive the next one is this Monday (the 21st) but call the number to confirm.  They follow Montgomery County Schools for cancellation. Hope this helps.

http://holycross.drsreferralservice.com/p-346-surgical-weigh t-loss-post-op-support.aspx
Most Active