Doctor Question

audreynicole
on 12/31/07 5:58 am - Friendswood, TX
I am having Lap Band where I currently live in Houston, TX.  My husband and I will be moving to the DC area towards the middle to end of this New Year.  So my questions is.  Does anyone know of a doctor that will do fills if he did not do my surgery?  Or will I have to fly back for fills?  Thanks in advance for any help.
ms1poopie
on 1/8/08 2:10 am - Capitol Heights, MD
Hi Audrey, Just a quick hi!  This board is not very active, but the Maryland and Virginia boards are.  So, not sure where you are moving to in the metro area, but you'll have much better luck getting responses on either of those boards.  Best of luck!
Weight at Surgery (7/6/07) - 410
Weight at Start of Pregnancy (3/08) - 268
Current Weight - 270

The new love of my life!
Marcus Taylor, born 1/13/09
lapband4e
on 2/11/08 10:59 pm - MD
I usually go to Maryland board, I verify previous poster, check where exactly you want to move and then repost this on MDor VA board depending on the location. I know that my friend is having surgery with Dr. Afram who is in a center of Excellence in George Washington hospital. I have heard GREAT reviews about him, you cna check his office if he does fills or not, Good luck and welcome, Ellie
niknac0701
on 2/13/08 1:26 am - Rville, MD
Dr Afram does not do lap band. He only performs RNY open not lap. He is a great doctor though! Thanks.
shoppingsarah
on 2/17/08 1:14 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 03/08/12
I just had my surgery 1.5 weeks ago by DR LONG. He is at Sibley Hospital in DC. You could call them and ask if they will do the fills. I am not sure, but their # is 202-370-6565. Let me know.
kcheartland
on 2/20/08 6:28 am - dc
Check with Dr. Fred Brody once you arrive.  He is at Geo. Washington Univ. Medical Center.  It is right on Metro and he now has a Nurse Practioner (Kelley Osborne) on his staff.  Also, there is the GW WLS Support Group that meets Every first and third Wednesday of the month.  You might also want to consult with the surgeon who is doing your surgery; he should be able to refer you to a peer in the area or make some calls on your behalf.
Most Active