Scared to do but need to do it !!!!!

Sawdah
on 12/26/06 12:27 pm
Hello everyone I am new. I am seriously considering surgery. I have been fat all my life and for the most part just dealt with it. But as the babies kept coming so did more weight. Now I am tired and frustrated and lonely. So I am afraid that this is like quiting. I want to try one last shot before I throw in the towel ang get this surgery. I am also on govermetn insurance and hoping they wont make me jump through too many hoops. I guess I need a friend to go thtough this with me. Any takers email me at [email protected] Thanx Guys.
Kimmers723
on 12/26/06 12:59 pm - Hyattsville, MD
Keep your head up sweetie, you are not alone.. I understand, my surgery is in 2 weeks and I am on the seesaw myself on if this is "the thing to do". I dont think pf it as giving up, I think its just taking a different direction. I too have been big all my life but I was athletic and ok with it, and when I met my hubby, I got comfortable and the weight hit me full force smack in the face. It time we take control of our own lives and do whats best for us.. Just think of it as this, WLS will give you more time to spend with your precious babies.. Being big does just the opposite. Hope I helped, KIT Kim
dupontcircle
on 12/26/06 10:43 pm
I am probably a LOT older than you (I'm 52) and I can tell you that it just gets harder to get thru each day the older you get when you are weighed down by extra weight. Then you start getting tendonitis and knee problems and that keeps you from getting enough exercise, and you just add on more weight. So I think it's a good idea to get it done NOW if you can. I don't think doctors or dieticians or ANYONE has any CLUE of how to lose weight. Many of us are heavy for reasons way beyond our control, and after 15 years of trying every diet and exercise imaginable, I can tell you that my weight gain had nothing to do with my eating or exercise habits. I exercised like a madman and ate very appropriately. So I have no guilt about having lap-band surgery. The chances of problems with the surgery are TINY, and the chances of having lots more energy and time for LIFE are great. I say go for it! Dave
Honeybrown44
on 1/22/07 4:52 am - MD
It is a scary process, but keep you head up and do your homework on the surgery. I haven't had the surgery as yet, but have elected to have "lap band" weight lost surgery. I will be consulting with a new doctor on 2/8/07 in Silver Spring, MD. Take care and God Bless... Peace By the way, I can be reached by clicking on my profile...
Most Active