What's Happening with Dr. Fullum?

deafdeer41
on 7/4/06 7:58 pm - Bowie, MD
Hi All, Boy was I suprised last week when I called Dr. Fullum's office to ask a question and make my 6 week follow-up appointment only to find the number was "disconnected" with no further information Needless to say, I dialed again, thinking it was my error. Not! I called Providence Hosptial and asked if he was still in business and was given a "temporary" number to call. I reached his office, but was told that Dr. Fullum was no longer in practice there and that he had moved to the Univ of MD. So, I asked the person on the phone was this a suprise because I was certainly suprised that I was not notified about his change in practice Perhaps the mail is slow I was told that his associate would be happy to see me and take over my case, so I made an appointment with him. Not sure if I'm going to keep it. Not sure about anything any more. I've been left with a bad taste in my mouth - like I've be left at the alter. I've had the experience where my doctor has changed practices, however, in each of the 4 times, I received a letter with an explanation of their departure and an invitation to have my records transferred to their new offices. Again, maybe the mail is slow. So, I'm not sure if I should try to make an appointment with Dr. Fullum, or stay with his associate. Not sure if my insurance will cover a follow-up with him at the U of MD or not. Wow, I'm not sure of a lot and I don't feel good about it Anyway, I told the person who answered the phone that they should have the message changed to reflect their new number so it dosen't seem like Dr. Fullum didn't pay the phone bill or that he left in the darkness of night Just a thought. EW
Valerie Renee
on 7/5/06 9:46 am - New York, NY
Dr. Fullum's departure is no secret. He took an academic position at University of MD and is consequently moving the practice to Glen Burnie and Baltimore. He has sent out and is still in the process of sending out letters to patients. He will now perform surgeries at University of Maryland Medical Center in Baltimore. I am sorry that you were not aware of this. Dr. Rickford is a very capable doctor and can handle your after care until Dr. Fullum has completely set up in the medical center downtown Baltimore. Valerie Bariatric101 Support Group Facilitator for Dr. Fullum.
Total Package
on 7/10/06 5:14 am - Greenbelt, MD
Please e-mail me privately offlist. [email protected]
Most Active