Recent Posts

Hislady
on 1/4/12 10:30 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Need More Prayer
Aw hon I'm sorry you're having such an awful time. Praying for a quick recovery for you! Try to take it easy and rest up.
Patricia R.
on 1/3/12 2:27 am - Perry, MI
Topic: Need More Prayer
I was in the emergency room yesterday, getting my leg examined and treated for the injury I got when I fell on Friday.  I have an appointment with an ENT doc on Wednesday about my broken nose.  I then have an appointment with my PCP for follow up on yesterday's ER visit.

Please pray for these upcoming appointments, and that my body heal from all these injuries.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 1/1/12 5:43 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Happy New Year to All!!
 Happy New Year to you, and everyone else here.  My goal is to practice my spiritual disciplines on a more consistent basis.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 12/31/11 7:09 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Happy New Year to All!!
I want to wish all of you a very prosperous New Year and let's all try to put God first this year and try to grow as Christians!

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 12/31/11 7:07 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Need Prayer
Boy you sure know hoe to close out the year! I'll be praying for quick healing and that you can get all the appointments in a timely manner. Let's hope this new year is a much better one!
Patricia R.
on 12/31/11 12:36 am - Perry, MI
Topic: Need Prayer
 I had a freak fall onto my face on Friday.  I broke my nose, and badly bruised my forehead, and left knee and shin.  I have to call my ENT on Monday to see if he can get me in next week.  Otherwise, I will have to wait till the 17th, when I am already scheduled to see him about my sick sinuses.  I am in a ton of physical pain, and look horrible with cuts and bruises all over my forehead and nose.  Plus, I scratched my glasses, which hurt to wear, and now need a new eye exam and new glasses.  Oh, and somehow, I pulled a muscle in my back near my shoulder blade.

Please pray I can get to see the ENT doc next week.  Also, that the paperwork for my vision insurance gets processed quickly, so I can get the exam and order new glasses right away.  

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 12/31/11 12:28 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Choices and consequences
 This is such a good meditation today. I am mentoring a baby believer who is my age chronilogically, but acts like a spoiled brat with her family, and then whines about how her husband and teenage girls hate her.  I have repeatedly encouraged her to not speak to them at all, and she still goes to them looking for love and affirmation, and does not comprehend why they are hostile to her.  I wonder if she will ever get it.

People will treat us based on how we relate to them.  If we treat people with love and kindness, we will receive that from them.  

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 12/28/11 12:50 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Choices and consequences
Galations 6:7 says" Do not be decieved, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap". Paul wrote this to remind us that there a consequences for our choices and when we make a wrong choice we end up paying for it. If we make wise choices we will reap the rewards, if not in this life in the next. This includes how we treat people if we treat them right we will have good interactions and  fruitful relationships. If we treat them badly we find ourselves alienated from others and angry with ourselves and this keeps us from being able to serve Christ effectively. This week take a little time to make sure you are making a wise choice so that God can use you to serve His purpose.

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 12/28/11 6:29 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Wrong worship
Thanks ladies it's good to see responses here! Trish I had a situation like that too where I was just so mad at a situation that I couldn't go to church for awhile. However I finally realized I was only hurting myself more and that it was satan who was using the situation to pull me away from God and after several years of prayer the situation has turned around and is good again. Just remember that satan will use this to hurt you where God will use it to help you grow. I pray you will soon be able to return to worship, remember how good it used to make you feel and cling to that!

We'll also be in prayer for the daughter having issues with her school. All I can say is I'm sure glad I don't have to go to school in this day and age, I'd for sure flunk everything! Maybe see if there is any kind of tutoring available. Sometimes a one on one situation can help. Good luck!
clubnewyou
on 12/27/11 10:22 pm - TN
Topic: RE: Wrong worship
Thanks so much for this post I thank God right now for having a right standing relationship with him. And I believe that even as Christians sometimes we get caught up benefits instead of knowing we have already been blessed. That's when we need to pray about our flesh. I can only pray for my flesh to continue to die and thank God in advance for the victory. I pray that you and your family are blessed indeed today and everyday.

PS. Please Pray with me for my daughter who is failing in school her name is Khyla and she is having a very hard time in the ninth grade.

Thanks Again
Most Active