Recent Posts

Hislady
on 2/5/12 8:37 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Hello
Woo hoo thanks Trish 2 more folks joining us. OK now I gotta get myself geared back up and start writing again! Welcome folks!
IdaMae D.
on 2/4/12 11:24 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Topic: Introducing myself
Hello;
My name is Ida.  I am a regular on the PA forum.  Trish posted a link to invite us here if we chose to visit.

I had my surgery 2 yrs 5 months ago, my hubby had his surgery 6 yrs 1 month ago. 

Ida

IdaMae

Texasky
on 2/4/12 5:40 pm
hello all...thought id drop in too..
Patricia R.
on 2/4/12 5:12 pm - Perry, MI
 Hi Mag,
Welcome to the Christianity Forum.  We have many lurkers.  Glad you jumped right in.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 2/4/12 3:39 pm - Green Valley, AZ
Topic: Hello
HI, 
   I'M NEW TO THIS SITE. THANKS TO TRISH FOR STEERING ME THIS WAY. Sorry about the caps. Too tired to redo. Will be checking in and getting a feel for your site and postings. I am so grateful to know God's love. It truly is amazing. Will tell you more about myself soon.   Mag   

Hislady
on 2/4/12 9:15 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Gratitude List
Wonderful idea Trish, I just can't seem to get it together anymore to get organized and post.
1. My salvation first and foremost for without it nothing else would matter.
2. My family and the reconciliation with my daughter (we'd been estranged for a couple of years) God can work wonders!
3. My grand daughter for her growth in the Lord this last few years, at one time she was a meth user.
4. Having awesome docs that keep trying to put me back together when I fall apart again.
5. Yes and brothers and sisters here!

OK folks join in!
Patricia R.
on 2/3/12 12:36 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: Gratitude List
Hi Family,
I have not been on here is a while, and decided to post a gratitude list.  I once spent a month doing daily lists and sending them to my friend and mentor in the Lord.  Doing them then helped me get out of a really bad funk.  I am not depressed, and have not been since my fall in December.  I participate in Christianet.com, a very challenging online Christian forum.  There, I learned about St. Valentine, and how one brother in the Lord spends his.  He gives the Lord thanks for His grace and love.  I decided what I plan to do that day, and to spend the rest of February making a daily gratitude list.  I am posting today's and hope to do so daily.  Please feel free to post your own.

1. God’s love, grace and provision.
  2. My children and grandchildren. 3. My sisters, niece, nephew and Mom. 4. Friends from church, Bible study and Pastor. 5. The doctors and nurses at Aria hospital. 6. My visiting nurse, and her colleagues who fill in on her days off. 7. My AA sponsor. 8. Maria, who keeps me on my toes, and keeps me seeking the Lord for wisdom and patience. 9. My friends, like you and Terry. 10. The Lord’s answers to prayers for me since I fell over a month ago. 11. My medical insurance. 12. My sobriety. I had two years on the 15th of January. 13. Visits and help from friends and family since the first day I was in the hospital. 14. The doctors who oversee my care outside the hospital. 15. My iPhone, which helped me stay connected while I was in the hospital. I was able to continue to post on Facebook, and my WLS forums.  
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

8526Beth
on 1/26/12 10:32 pm
Topic: RE: Who here has done lap band??
Hi, I am new...I just got the lap band a little more than a week ago....I would like to find an online support group..I've been to the lapband forum but there is so much drama and negativity, that it is not helpful at all....but there are a lot of great lap band bloggers who have had there bands for many years and are doing great....that is encouraging...I would find a Dr. that you like, trust and respect and listen to their advice, pray about it and have others pray for God's guidance as you make the decision that you feel is best for your life....blessings
Hislady
on 1/22/12 9:50 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: A Huge Praise
Many, many congrats to you!!! I know it is a difficult thing to do so I'm very proud of you. It's been rough but you've stayed strong with God's help! This is a huge blessing!!
Patricia R.
on 1/21/12 12:53 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: A Huge Praise
I almost forgot to share this praise.  Sunday, January 15th was my two year AA anniversary  I am so grateful that God has kept me sober these past two years.  It is a miracle given how horrendous the two year relapse was.

Because I was in the hospital on Sunday, I was unable to post this.

Hugs,
Trish 
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active