Recent Posts

Patricia R.
on 2/24/12 8:36 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Introducing myself!
Hi and welcome,
I don't get to the Christianity forum everyday, but I do love the prayer support.  I had RNY surgery about six and a half years ago, and don't regret it at all.  I have not reached goal weight, but am much better than I had been.

I am a divorced mother of three grown children who live all over the map.  I also have two adorable grandchildren, ages 2 and 4.  I am retired from teaching, and work ocassionally as a social worker in a psychiatric hospital.

God bless.
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Ginger83
on 2/24/12 3:43 am
REALIZE Band on 02/02/12
Topic: Introducing myself!
Hello everyone! My name is AnnaLisa. I was just banded on 2/2/12 and joined this support group on 2/14/12. I live in NY and am a Christian, wife to my Godly husband and mommy to a beautiful 3 year old little boy. I look forward to getting to know you all better!! :o)
Hislady
on 2/23/12 12:58 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Hebrews 4: 16
"Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace,that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

We so often forget that as children of God we are "entitled" by our Christian adoption to God's family to come to our heavenly Father anytime of day or night for help! We are His very own sons and daughters and He will do whatever He can to help us, because He loves us more than we can even imagine. Sometimes our earthly brothers and sisters in Christ can help us and other times we need to go straight to the throne of God Himself to get the ultimate help. So never be afraid to seek our Lord when times are rough, He's waiting for you to ask.

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 2/22/12 1:51 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: John 10:41
"John performed no sign, but all the things that John spoke about (Jesus)were true."

John could have played up his role in Jesus' life and drawn the attention to himself. However he knew the role he was to play and that he was to bring the good news and the importance was on Jesus not him. We are to be like John and bring the good news to others. We don't have bring out a brass band just quietly and calmly share the joy of having Jesus in our lives. So let's be like John and be the role we are meant to be, announcing the good news of Jesus!

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 2/21/12 2:05 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Proverbs 6:9
"How long will you slumber, O sluggard?"

I know it sounds awful but really aren't we all slackers (sluggards) at least some of the time? How many of us give 100% all the time? I know I don't, sometimes I'm just too tired to go any more. However God has gifted us with many talents and abilities that we don't use to the fullest for whatever reason. Look at what He has blessed you with and try to use it at least daily if not more often. If we make an effort to use the talents He has given us I am sure He will help us to do our best at it.
So take a little time to look for your gifts and then spread them around!

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 2/20/12 12:08 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Psalm 34:4
"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

As FDR said "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." When we allow fear in our lives we weaken our spiritual strength. We fear that we will lose something like wealth, health, safety or friends. What we for get is that God has provided all those things and they are not ours to lose! When we are fearful we open the door for satan to sneak in and start throwing around doubts and when that happens we are crippled emotionally and sapped spiritually. When we put our whole trust in the Lord can we live a fearless life. Only God can provide and protect us, fear and doubt are of satan.

God bless!
Karen
Bigtallsis
on 2/19/12 11:24 am
Topic: RE: Deut. 6:7
hi thanks for your kind words I am so happy to have found this site and I will be glad when I can reply and go into chat rooms and here others stories. Hope you are having a good day. I beleive I heard from Karen and Trish.  thanks to both of you
Patricia R.
on 2/19/12 7:05 am - Perry, MI
 Hi and Welcome,
I hope you will post often as you proceed through your journey.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 2/19/12 7:04 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Karen,
My ex and I tried to raise our kids in a good Christian home, but my mental health issues prevented me from always behaving in a Spiritual manner,

Since my divorce, my ex does not attend church, and he remarried an unbelieber.  My sons have turned their backs on God, but my daughter and her husband are raising my grandchildren in a Christian home.  While my daughter and I have a Spiritual bond, we have a difficult relationship, because we have two very different personalities. She lives 12 hours away.  I am close with one of my sons for other reasons, plus he lives only an hour and half away. We both love the Phillies and Eagles, and are politically liberal.   My other son does not return phone calls that much, and lives 6 hours away.  

It's hard to develop a long distance relationship with my grandchildren, but I work hard at it.  I also own a Grandmother's Devotional Bible, which helps me pray more specifically for them.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 2/18/12 11:31 am - Vancouver, WA
Hi "Sis" welcome to our board, we love new followers! I hope you enjoy my ramblings and feel free to voice yourself anytime. We are open for any discussions.
Most Active