Recent Posts

mrsfloflo
on 2/27/12 9:36 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Topic: RE: My Ladies Bible Study

Thanks for sharing this. I'm a steps and list person so things like this help me out alot. We are studying Acts of the Apostles and Paul's letters in BSF this year and we have really seen how Holy Spirit is the true guiding power that we receive when we believe. And that we truly are not alone.

It's so important to be in prayer and constantly listening to Holy Spirit's guidance and asking him to reveal the truth of God's word. This will make hearing from Him and discerning that it is HS that is speaking, much easier. This is what I am working on now. I struggle with grieving the HS by going on my own and listening to my voice much more often.

"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

mrsfloflo
on 2/27/12 9:31 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Topic: RE: New to the Forum
Hello Ladies and thank you for the welcome. I have been a believer since the womb because of my wonderful mother. But strayed and struggled with my beliefs from about 16 into my mid 20s. That was a very dark, dark time in my life and I knew God - I was just so angry, hedonistic and depressed that my faith was not developed or strengthened at all.

Fast forward to today, I am married to a wonderful Godly man for 3 1/2 years, we are trying to start a family (prayer request there). We both work for a great company and live in the Dallas area near family and friends. We are actually looking for a church home. I attend Bible Study Fellowship on Monday nights for years now and that has really been my true source of Christian growth.

My weight loss journey, mostly the beginning when I was trying to get approved, really serves as a testimony of patience, vulnerability, God's goodness and submiting to His will and I have learned so much more during this journey. It's been amazing and hard, but well worth it.

I look forward to posting and getting to know you all more.
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

Hislady
on 2/27/12 2:06 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: My Ladies Bible Study
That sounds like an awesome study and great ways to know if what you are "hearing" is indeed of God because as we all know satan is the king of lies and he's more than willing to try to trick us into thinking that what he tells us is of God. As more and more time passes and we come nearer to the end times we especially need to learn to tell truth from satans' lies! Thanks for sharing with us!
Patricia R.
on 2/27/12 1:23 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Galations 3:28
Amen!  I am so grateful that my church encourages ministry and love toward society's rejects.  We are part of an interfaith ministry to help the homeless and poor in our community.  Many of the homeless are either mentally ill or addicted to drugs or alcohol.  We also have a support group for women with addictions that meets weekly to study God's Word as it relates to the 12 Steps of recovery.  My pastor encourages me to attend my AA meetings, where I am able to develop relationships with alcoholics who are struggling to get and stay sober.  God has shown me that if I really listen to a person, I am able to see my similarities with them, rather than our differences.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 2/27/12 1:15 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: My Ladies Bible Study
I need to share that I am being totally blessed by my church's Ladies Bible Study.  We are studying the book, Discerning the Voice of God, by Priscilla Shirer.   The study includes video teaching.  We watch the video one week, and then spend the week doing daily studies based on the teaching on the video.  Then, the next time we meet, we discuss what we studied.  

This week, the topic is the Holy Spirit.  I am learning how to confrim what the Holy Spirit is telling me.  She gives five M's to use to confirm that God is speaking through the Holy Spirit.  

1. Look for the message of the Spirit.  Consciously turn your attention inward to hear God speak.

2. Live in the mode of prayer.  Don't worry about it.  Keep turning the matter over to God in prayer.

3. Search out the model of Scripture.  Does what you think you are hearing contradict God's Word?

4. Submit to the ministry of Eli.  Seek out the counsel of a wise, mature believer who is able to discern God's leading in his or her own life.

5. Expect the mercy of confirmation.  Ask God for confirmation of the message.

I am so grateful that I have an Eli in my life.  I have learned so much about God and His mercy from my dear friend, Ruth.

God bless.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 2/27/12 1:03 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Galations 3:28
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free,there is neither male nor female;for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

Unfortunately this is something I see all too often in many churches and sadly even my own. Too often we don't want to be around or associate with people who are too different from ourselves. We tend to want to be with those like ourselves. How many opportunities to witness do we miss when we chose to stay safe? How many people will never have the opportunity to accept Christ because we didn't want to be "bothered" with stepping out from our comfort spot. In Christ's eyes we are all His children and no one is better than the other. So step out and show what a true Christian is like!

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 2/27/12 12:31 pm - Perry, MI
Hi and Welcome.  I hope you will be active and post often.  The more we share, the more we are blessed.

I am Trish.  I have been a believer since 1974, but stagnated Spiritually due to a lot of mental health issues.  I am blessed to be active in a nondenominational, evangelical church that preaches the Word of God unapoligetically.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 2/27/12 3:55 am - Vancouver, WA
Welcome welcome, it is so heartening to see so many new folks joining us! Hope you will become an active part of our group!
mrsfloflo
on 2/27/12 2:47 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Topic: New to the Forum
Hello. Just wanted to say hi and that I'm grateful for seeing that this forum exists. Can't wait to "talk" to everyone and read all the posts.

God Bless!

Hislady
on 2/25/12 7:41 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Introducing myself!
Welcome Anna Lisa I love seeing new folks join up! I guess I'm kinda the ring leader here. It used to be a very active board and then the fellow who headed it moved on and it just sat here for several years. Then God started pushing me to start posting and see if I could get it going again. While we still aren't super active we are here and Trish and I are usually around. Even if we don't have lots of members it's helpful to me to do the daily scripture and try to put some ideas out there for us all to think about. Hope you will join in and enjoy oure little group.

Karen 

Most Active