Recent Posts

Hislady
on 3/1/12 9:17 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: 1 Chronicles 28: 9
"The Lord searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts."

Some signs of lying are fidgeting, lack of eye contact and noticable pauses in speech. However even with these clues it is still hard to tell if one is lying. There is one sure way to know tho, seek God's council, ask Him to show you the truth in the matter at hand. He will always show you the true way. Also the inner Holy Spirit will help us discern what is truth and what is a lie. So remember if you aren't sure of the truth in a situation, wisdom from above will help us decide who to trust!

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 2/29/12 12:10 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Ezekiel 36:26
"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you." While a physical heart and a spiritual heart are both given because of need, the spiritual heart is free for the asking and will take you places a physical heart never can. With a spiritual heart you also get a whole new life and it doesn't matter whether you are rich or poor, male or female or even what your ethnicity is. It is ready to be given at any time, any place and to anybody who feels they need it, all for the asking! So if you feel a hole in your life or your heart just look to our Lord and ask for your free heart, complete with a new life and all for nothing.

I would like to ask all my friends here to pray for my grand daughter and her out reach she is just getting involved in. Let me say she has had a life that would send most adults into life long therapy. Raised by a meth addicted mother, raped by her father who was also a meth cook, had a baby at barely 18 and found her babies daddy dead from suicide! These are just the major events, you can imagine her everyday life. Now here's the great part she had originallt accepted Christ as a 9ish yr old, but at 17 she came to live with us and one stipulation was she attend church with us and she was happy to. So at 17 she re-accepted Christ and is now 7 yrs clean from drugs and has 2 beautiful daughters, is engaged to a really nice guy and they all attend church regular. What I'd like prayer for is she wants to get involved in suicide awareness, she has seen soooo many people she went to school with take their lives and she is very moved to get involved. I always told her God had a plan for her or He wouldn't have let her go thru so much in her short life and now she is ready to pay it forward. So just pray that she will have the strength and ability to accomplish this as she feels very lead by the Lord to do this! Thank you for your prayers!

God bless!
Karen
mrsfloflo
on 2/28/12 9:52 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Topic: RE: My Bible Study Today
I would say I struggle tremendously with my mind and then that affects what I do. I tend to be negative naturally and I dwell on things to the point of obession. My biggest thing to conquer, through Christ, is taking my thoughts captive.
"Enjoying my life and the confidence to experience more!
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

mrsfloflo
on 2/28/12 9:43 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Topic: RE: Prayer Swap
Thanks Ladies...I'll be praying for both of you!!! Tonight you are lifted up in my prayers in His mighty name.
My support system: God, my husband, my family and wonderful friends!! I am so richly blessed and God is a God of second chances and this is one He has blessed me with and I'm not taking it for granted!!! Yeah

Patricia R.
on 2/28/12 8:59 am - Perry, MI
Topic: My Bible Study Today
 Romans 12:1-2

"1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

On the following list, choose what part of the body I most struggle to present to God as a sacrifice?

mind-what I think about
eyes-what I see
mouth-what I say
ears-what I listen to
hands-what I do
feet-where I go
other________________

I struggle most with my eyes and ears equally.  I have to have my television on constantly, to distract me from my crazy mind.  Silence makes me anxious.  While the television is on, tuned mostly to crime dramas, I am on Facebook reading news articles.

I was challenged by today's study to start my day, presenting myself on the altar, submitting my body to the Lord each morning.

How about you?

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 2/28/12 4:15 am - Vancouver, WA
Well I'll take your request Trish cause I'm already praying for you!

My request is just for better all around health and easier breathing with my COPD and the patience to deal with the health issues. Thanks in advance!
Hislady
on 2/28/12 4:12 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Galations 3:28
I think the biggest issue in my church is we are an older congregation and many just will not accept anything new. Some of the few younger members are trying to bring in more contemporary music and do things to entice younger people with out too much success. The older folks tend to put a damper on new stuff, but our Pastor is younger and really trying to get the old folks into this century! I guess there needs to be a place for everybody.
Patricia R.
on 2/28/12 2:21 am - Perry, MI
 I am praying for your requests.

I would like prayer for injuries I received in a fall back in December.  I am still receiving wound care from surgery I needed in January.  I will need surgery for my broken nose, which is crooked and causes my glasses not to fit well.  I also need physical therapy for a back injury.  All of this from one fall on December 30th.

Thanks,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

mrsfloflo
on 2/27/12 9:56 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Topic: Prayer Swap
I've seen I am Second do this on their FB and it's a neat idea. You just post your prayer request and then someone can reply with a prayer request and you pray for one another. (not to say there is a limit for who you can pray for, but you know you've got your prayer buddy for that post).

Here's mine.
I would like prayer that my husband and I become pregnant soon, God willing. And that my attitude at work would be to "aim for [God's] perfection" (2 Corinthians 13) instead of my own or worldly standards. This is a tough area for me since I was given a title promotion and workload, but not the accompanying raise. In addition,  that I would continue to trust that God would always meet our financial needs as we are faithful to Him.

Thanks!

mrsfloflo
on 2/27/12 9:39 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Topic: RE: Introducing myself
Just want to say hi. I'm new here as well.

Most Active