Recent Posts

Hislady
on 3/14/12 10:01 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Colossians 1:3
Yep we've all been baby Christians at one time and just have to remember it takes time and patience. I'm so sorry to hear about Ruth and her daughter, goodness they certainly have had a rough go. Yet she still knows where her strength comes from! Will add her to my prayer list.
Patricia R.
on 3/14/12 5:48 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Colossians 1:3
I definitely find that mentoring a baby Christian, and watching her try, fail, and try again is sometimes discouraging.   But then, I have to look at how clumsy my walk was for a very long time.  James talks about trials growing us.  I can see that in my mentee, Maria.  When she starts to beat herself up, I take her to 1 John 1:9, and remind her that we confess, repent and move on.

I am grateful that my mentor never gave up on me.  She just sent me a card that brought tears to my eyes.  

Please pray for my mentor, Ruth, and her daughter, Crystal.  Ruth has a recurrence of cancer in her chest wall, after having a mastectomy.  Crystal, age 26, has Stage 3 Melanoma.  

Thanks,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 3/13/12 10:24 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Colossians 1:3
"We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you."

It can be frustrating watching new Christians with their spiritual growth. It is not always as quick as we would like to see it. Some are more thirsty than others and therefore study and read more. Some find it difficult to study that much at one time. Just as people are different so is their spiritual growth speed. Paul wrote many letters of correction but always followed up with praise and encoureagment. It all goes back to the old saying you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. So instead of condemning baby Christians we need to encourage them along with the correction. Correction does much, but encouragement does more.

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 3/9/12 10:35 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Judges 7:2
 I need to direct the woman I am mentoring to this story.  She calls me all the time, to whine and complain about her family and health problems, and rarely turns things over to the Lord first.

Thanks for posting this.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 3/8/12 8:00 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Judges 7:2
The Lord said to Gideon "The people who are with you are too many."

Gideon had a huge army with him and God said that was too many because then they could claim they (the humans) accomplished the win against the enemy. Which shows sometimes we can have too much help and turn to them for assistance when we really need to always turn to God. So sometimes God will take away some of our help that we think we need to show us that He is really all that we ever need. As with everything else in life we only need to look up not to our sides for the very best and truest help we can ever have!

God Bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 3/8/12 7:49 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Prayer Thread
I'm always praying for you and will add the sons too. I need prayer for my pain issues, that I'll be able to find a doc that can help with my fibro pain and chronic fatigue. I just have no energy and would live in bed, sleeping if I could. It's not like I'm depressed, there are so many things I want to do but am just exhausted all the time. I'm also seeing a neurologist and she is going to run some nerve tests and see what they show. I'd almost rather be diagnosed with something and know why I hurt (even if it's bad) than just have people think I'm nuts or whinney. I really have a very high tolerance for pain but I'm sooooo tired of it.

Also asking for prayer for my daughter, her little family moved last year and now her husband has been cheating on her, she has a chronic eye disease that will eventually leave her blind except for a small tunnel of vision and she has 2 young boys to raise. She accepted Christ when younger but has since gone 180 the other direction to paganism. I am praying she will return to her Christian life and be able to get thru this difficult bump in her road with the hubby. She is done with him and wants no part of reconciling so she's looking at a rough road ahead. I'll thank you in advance because I know we have mighty prayer warriors here!
Hislady
on 3/8/12 7:37 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: What a week so far!
There was alot of prayin' going on in that car, we live at least 30-45 min. from the nearest vet ER. She was getting air but kept choking because all this foamy stuff would clog her up so I'd have to stick my finger down her throat so she'd gag it up (on me of course) but hey I didn't care as long as she could get air. I'd called the vet before we left so they were all ready when we got there. I was just glas to be able to bring her home cause the last 2 dogs we had taken there we had to put down. So it was good to bring one home this time. They are really awesome people and call the animals babies and us mom and dad. I'm so gratedful to know they are there!
Patricia R.
on 3/8/12 4:55 am - Perry, MI
Topic: Prayer Thread
I thought I would start a prayer thread.  We can ask for prayer for our Spritiual growth, our families physical and Spiritual needs, unsaved family and friends, or specific health concerns we have.  

I'll start.
1. I have another sinus infection.  Prior to breaking my nose, my ENT doc was considering sinus surgery.  Now, he wants to treat this infection for two weeks, see me in three weeks, and then order a CT scan to see if my broken nose is contributing to the problem.  Please pray that he is able to find a resolution to this.

2. My sons' Spiritual lives.  Both are rejecting the faith they proclaimed as children.  I am especially concerned about my youngest son, who had been in treatment for a heroin addiction 10 years ago, but now he drinks alcohol and smokes marijuana occasionally.  

What can we pray for you and your loved ones? 
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 3/7/12 10:32 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: What a week so far!
 Oh Karen, your poor puppy.  I, too, would do anything for my Utley.  Problem is, I am not getting a refund this year.  I owe the federal government over $4,000, and the state of PA over $1,000.  I will be making payments for a long time, between interest and penalties.  Oh well, God will provide.  I hope your baby gets better.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 3/7/12 8:12 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: What a week so far!
Well as you've noticed I've been AWOL Mon just went by too fast and I didn't even get on here and last night was a trip to the doggie ER at 10PM! My poor little dog got a rawhide chew stuck in her throat and couldn't get it up. Of course it's a 30 mi. drive to the nearest vet open that late. They kept her over night and removed the offending chew (no more for her!) I guess it caused alot of damage and we have to make sure she doesn't develop a stricture down the road. So there went the income tax return! But what else can ya do when your baby is hurtin'? So I'm hoping to get back on track tomorrow.

God less!
Karen
Most Active