Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 5/16/14 8:59 pm
Topic: Surgery around he corner.

Hi Christian family,

Its been a hard week. But God brought me through. I have two more weeks in Utah and once I get home two weeks until surgery time. I'm glad I didn't have to do my liquid diet out in the field. The only option I have is a port a pot and that would not have been pretty. Once I get home I will have a busy two weeks. I still need to see my PCP, do my EKG and blood work and finally my pre-addmissions. Hubby is on target too. He took off 2 weeks with me after surgery to nurse me back to health. Since I travel a lot I want my first NSV to be able to comfortably fit in a airplane bathroom. Who do they make those bathrooms for, toddlers! Ha Ha. I'm just rambling. Everyone have a blessed weekend. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/14 9:04 am
Hislady
on 5/14/14 4:07 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Pre-op steps

I'd say these are for the surgeon. I've had over 13 various surgeies in my life and I've always had to had an EKG and blood work the week before. So I would say that your insurance paper work has already been sent and they are hoping to get the approval by then or they already have it. So don't worry about that, things are rolling along!

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/14 12:45 pm
Topic: Pre-op steps

I received a surgery date of June 17 for my sleeve. My insurance does cover this type of surgery. I have done all my insurance required steps. I have had an upper GI two weeks ago. My question is this I need to do a chest X-Ray, EKG, blood work, and see my primary for history and physical and get a pregnancy test, will this hold up my insurance approval? I have an appointment with my primary the first week of June. But all these steps need to be done 3 to 14 days prior to surgery. Does insurance approval move that fast or are these things only for the surgeon?

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/14 4:04 am, edited 5/11/14 4:12 am
Topic: RE: Busy Week

God bless you too sister. Where two or three come together, God will be in the mist. 

Hislady
on 5/11/14 4:00 am - Vancouver, WA

I'm so glad you plan to post often! I did that for sooooo long and hardly anyone ever came but you are right, you never know when someone will come by and needs us. That is why I stop in at least once a day just to make sure no one goes without a response of somw kind! Good to know I'll have a buddy to help out! God bless you!

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/14 9:43 am

Thanks. I'm going to do my best. I got a rotisserie chicken and I cut on that for a few days. Never been a frozen food fan but with 3 weeks to go I may need to go in that direction. I figure if I keep posting here someone may do a search and find my post. You may never know when someone will need christian love and support. So I will come everyday and posy continuously. 

Hislady
on 5/10/14 3:46 am - Vancouver, WA

Wow a month on the road, that's crazy! I'd never make it away from home that long even when I was a youngun! You are kinda stuck using alot of frozen type foods or ready made foods. Atkins frozen meals would be good. I can't think of other ready made foods that don't need to be frozen. I hope you post this on another board where you might get more responses! If I think of anything else I'll come back and update. You might even do better eating out and just eating your protein and veggies and leaving the carbs behind.Good luck

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/14 1:50 pm
Topic: Busy Week

Thank you God for your saving Grace. This has been one crazy week. One more day and I can rest. Working a month on the road with just a microwave any suggestions on how to eat right in a hotel?

Hislady
on 5/5/14 5:04 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Happy Hubby

Welcome and you have a wonderful man to help you along the way. So many times hubbys are against the surgery and often down right mean and sabatoging. It is awesome to have a pal to support and join you on your journey! Be sure to try shake samples before hand and remember often your tastes change after surgery so don't buy any giant tubs of shakes until after surgery and you know it still tastes good to you! I'm so glad to see new faces around here! God bless!

Most Active