Recent Posts

cherryj
on 4/28/12 4:15 am - CEDAR HILL, TX
Topic: RE: About to Burst - Relationship with God Suffering
I live in Cedar Hill, so we are almost neighbors! I will add you to my prayer list and if I can be of any other help, I will.  I am available most mornings for Bible study, if that's something that interests you. God bless you and keep you in His love.  Cherry
Hislady
on 4/23/12 1:07 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Wonderful day!
Will add her to my prayer list, sounds like she's having a pretty rough time. I hope she'll be able to relax and enjoy her time before the birth. It always baffles me how women can have more than 2 kids, I only had one and it was difficult enough. Can't imagine more than that! She's lucky to be able to have you come and help her out, not that you don't enjoy every second of it! My grand daughter keeps talking about them all moving to Arizona, I have forbidded it but I don't think that's gonna stop her! Just cause she's 23 she thinks she can do whatever she wants HA not with this gramma!!! Take care and cecoup from the trip, it's always so good to get home again.
Patricia R.
on 4/22/12 9:33 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Wonderful day!
 Karen,
That is great news about your granddaughter's boyfriend being baptized.  So glad you had such a nice day.

I had a wonderful two weeks visiting, babysitting, my grandchildren.  I also helped my daughter around the house with laundry, dishes, sweeping the floor, and helping to clean the kids' playroom, which was a disaster when we started.

My daughter is still pregnant, and I am on my way home.  I have to go home for a number of reasons, and probably won't be in Michigan when the baby arrives.  I am okay with that.  My daughter was afriad I would be mad at her.  I can't get mad at her.  She is so stressed about everything right now.  Her doctor wants to induce her on Thursday, and she wants to go naturally.

I'd appreciate prayer for her.  She started maternity leave on Thursday, and is taking a year off from her teaching job.  

Thanks,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 4/22/12 1:52 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Wonderful day!
Just had to share my awesome day with you all. Grand daughter called last night to see if we were going to church this AM and told her we were. She, her BF, and 2 great grand daughters joined us for church then we all got burgers and went to the park to eat and visit. We had gorgeous weather, which doesn't come often in this neck of the woods. So I just couldn't have asked for a more fantastic day, good visits, good food and learned her BF is getting baptised in a couple of weeks. God is soooo good!
prairie-dog-girl
on 4/19/12 10:17 am
Topic: RE: WOW!
Thanks Trish for taking the time to respond. I'm glad you didn't really have too much physical issues post op.I've also done several Beth Moore bible studies at church. I'm not familiar with the other lady you mentioned.I worked at a Bariatric Center of Excellence for many years.Talking with hundreds of patient's as well as one of our surgeon's who has WLS,only a few regretted it.Because I have an HMO, already been warned it will be a year before having surgery,including a 6 month medically supervised diet and many other hoops to jump through. I'm also 54.Son is 17,daughters 22 and 28.Been in church since the day they were born.No one giving me problems, but , not living Godly lives either.Hubby medically disabled 3 years, major heart and memory issues as well as other problems.Never had bad habits and took care of himself,bad family history.The last 5 years have  been hell .His long term disability refused to pay him on a technicality( I've since found out most of these policies are ) and getting SS disability took over 2 years.Him being the main bread winner and no income for that long caused a host of problems including us losing our house last year.Anyway,  as well as my desire to have a healthier life, I need to stay healthy to keep working, providing insurance and taking care of hubby.I was never overweight till adulthood and I started working midnights.Before that ,I never understood what overweight people struggle with.I wish the best with your continued work on the alcoholism.I pray for all of us here everyday.Thanks for being willing to give of yourself to others.Blessings!
Patricia R.
on 4/18/12 10:41 am - Perry, MI
 Hey there,
When I had my WLS, the insurance I had at the time did not require referrals, and interestingly, I never discussed my decision to have the surgery with my primary doc.  I did discuss it with my psychotherapist and my psychiatrist, who did my psych evaluation.

Prior to seeking surgery, I had been in Overeaters Anonymous for years, and did two outpatient eating disorder treatment programs, and finally sought surgery when I needed a breast MRI, and was humiliated by not being able to fit in the MRI machine.  I had asked the hospital to let me use a machine that would fit a larger person, but they stupidly made me try a regular machine first.  I was so embarassed I wrote a letter of complaint to the head of the hospital.

Post-op problems.  I did develop an ulcer about seven months post op.  I did not consider it a complication, because I had ulcers several times years prior to my surgery.  One year out, I needed incisional hernia surgery, as my surgery was done open, and the hernia was painful.  Still, I would do the surgery all over again regardless.  

My most challenging complication was a relapse with my alcoholism.  I have been in Alcoholics Anonymous for 22 years.  I had over six years without a drink, when I relapsed one year post-op.  My relapse was the most challening, degrading two years ever.  It took outpatient and inpatient treatment before I surrendered my alcoholism and my entire life completely to the Lord.  I diligently work all 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous, as well as actively participate in a Ladies Bible Study at my church.  For several years we have done Beth Moore studies with the video teaching on DVD.  This past year, we have been working on two different Priscilla Shirer, with a similar format.  I am also mentoring a baby Christian who also has a terrible alcohol and drug problem, as well as a co-occurring mental illness.  Fortunately for me, her family problems, which are a result of her mental health issues and drug behaviors, are similar to the ones I experienced when my children were teenagers and my marriage wass near break-up.

I am 54 years old, divorced, mother of three adult children.  My daughter is 35, married with two children, and one due any day now.  She and her husband are walking closely with the Lord, and are raising my grandchildren to know and love the Lord.  My older son is 34, married and living and working in New York City.  Though raised professing Christ as Savior, he now professes Atheism.  My younger son is 29, single, living in Pittsburgh, PA.  He lives with his girlfriend, and is working on a Bachelors degree at the University of Pittsburgh.  He also professes Atheism.

I live outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  I retired from teaching on disability for several illnesses.  I work part time as a Social Worker at a psychiatric hospital, which I absolutely love.

I hope this helps you get to know me better.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

prairie-dog-girl
on 4/18/12 7:09 am
Thanks Trish! I started seeing a new primary physician about a month ago.Saw her once,very nice, but seemed  seemed to blow me off at end of visit when I tried to discuss my wanting WLS. I contacted the  WLS program and signed up for the all day class that is the first step.The coordinator sent them the insurance referral. Primary office called me to say I had to make an appointment to see her to "'discuss "it. She is aware I have a history of GERD/reflux and elevated cholesterol, both being treated with meds as well as a family history of heart disease. Is this normal or because she doesn't know me well? Does this sound like I may have trouble getting a referral??If this isn't too personal, did thing goes smoothly for you after your WLS?I pray for all of you here everyday.God Bless!
Hislady
on 4/17/12 2:57 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Update on me and prayer need
So glad you've had a good visit with the munchkins! Will for sure be praying for your daughter that everything will fall into place and make the whole situation easy for her! Take care and drive safely!
Patricia R.
on 4/17/12 12:33 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: Update on me and prayer need
I am in Michigan helping my daughter.  I will be returning to Pennsylvania on Sunday, for a lot of reasons, none bad.  I plan to return the beginning of May, after my daughter has her baby.

She saw her OB doc this afternoon, and he wants to induce her on April 28th.  She would prefer to go into labor naturally, as induced labor is much more painful and intense.  Her last day at work will be this Thursday, the 19th.  Her due date is May 4th.  Her husband is away three nights a week, for work.  He comes home Thursday evening and returns to work on Monday morning.

Please pray for this whole situation.  She has a great deal of stress related to her two teaching jobs, one at an elementary school, and one at a college.  Plus, she has a four year old and a two year old.  I would prefer she have the baby before I go back to Pennsylvania, and I would extend my stay.

Thanks,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 4/17/12 1:32 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Blech!!
 Sorry I have not been on the forum as much lately.  I am still at my daughter's and don't get on the computer much.  The kids keep me busy.  I will be heading home Sunday, and return when the baby arrives.  My daughter has stuff to do, and wants the kids back in their beds, as her house is small, and my granddaughter has been sleeping with her during the week, and on a mattress in my grandson's room.

Hope you are feeling better.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active