Recent Posts

sandpen
on 6/3/12 1:44 am - IL
Lap Band on 02/23/12
Topic: Prayer asnswered!
 Hello everyone, I just discovered this forum.  I'm fairly new and still learning all this website has to offer.  I'd like to thank those who have posted and replied because it's helped me indirectly.  The reason I'm writing is because not only am I carrying more than 100lbs of physical weight on my body but that I'm struggling with carrying an equally heavy or even heavier burden on my mind.

Lately when I'm praying and that isn't going so well, it's like I'm ADHD when I'm praying, I'm not only asking for help with fat loss but also for help with unburdening my mind as well.  I'm asking for the weight loss in my head as well.  I'm asking for freedom essentially.

I'm not whining that the band doesn't work or that I'm having problems with it.  On the contrary it's working exactly the way it's supposed to.  It's me thats not working.  I don't know why I keep trying to go back and eat how I used to.  Even if I feel full I try and eat more because I think in my head, "that can't be right.  That is too little bit.  You know you're going to be hungry in 10 minutes if you don't eat more."  The other thing is that sometimes it just tastes so good I don't want to stop.

I see now that I'm really writing because I need prayer.  It has been an answer to a prayer that I found a group that believes in prayer.  You don't know me and I don't know you but we believe in a God that listens so there's a connection.  I will pray for you and I truly ask that you pray for me.
Hislady
on 6/2/12 8:53 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Back in business
I love it too, it's so thought provoking but short enough that I can still have time to read it daily. It always gives me something to think about every day.
Hislady
on 6/2/12 8:50 am - Vancouver, WA
Oh I hear you on the antibiotics, they always mess me up and make me sick with my little tummy. Even tho my band is wide open it still feels small and they make me feel like crud, almost worse than what you have to take them for!
Lisa S.
on 6/2/12 4:08 am - NV
VSG on 07/09/12
I LOVE daily bread. I read it every night at bedtime.

Patricia R.
on 6/1/12 3:08 pm - Perry, MI
I loved those when you were posting them.  It was a great conversation starter, and really made me think.  

My pouch has been really fussy today.  In addition to the antiviral medication, I started taking a killer antibiotic yesterday.  I'm going to stop taking it, because it's only for a toothache, and the dentist is away till two weeks from now.  I'll call his office on Monday and ask them to switch it to something I don't have such a strong reaction to.  I have gotten a different antibiotic from them in the past.

I'm up late because I can't sleep again.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/1/12 8:35 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Back in business
Finally started getting my "Daily Bread" again, for somne reason they stopped. So I'll try to start posting daily threads again starting Mon., stay tuned for more.
Patricia R.
on 5/31/12 6:31 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Please Pray
Thanks Mag,
It turns out my surgery had to be rescheduled because of the shingles.  So, I am not so concerned about a ride, and more focused on dealing with this ongoing pain and itching.  It's not a bad case, compared to the photos I saw on the Internet.  But, it doesn't just effect the rash.  It also makes me feel like I'm sick, with swollen glands, and junk like that.  Also, a fever.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 5/31/12 6:28 am - Perry, MI
 Thanks Karen,
My surgery had to be rescheduled because of the shingles.  It's now June 25th.  Hopefully, my rides will still be able to help me out then.  Right now, I am just focused on getting better from the shingles.

Thanks for your prayers and your friendship.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 5/31/12 6:15 am - Green Valley, AZ
My prayers are for your improved health and that your needs be met.  Hugs   Mag

Hislady
on 5/30/12 4:36 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Guess What?;s
I'm sure we'll all be praying for you hon! Hope it is a mild case, I hear it's a miserable thing. To everyone else if you want to avoid Trish's misery there is a shingles vaccine you can get and I believe most insurance co. cover it. I just got mine a few weeks ago and now I'm very glad I did!
Most Active