Recent Posts

Patricia R.
on 6/28/12 3:07 am - Perry, MI
Topic: Been out of sorts
Hi Everyone,
I have been out of sorts lately.   I can't put my finger on anything in particular, so I am just going to say, I need to dig into the Word more, and pray for my words, whether written or spoken, to be a blessing at all times.  I have managed to hurt my sons, one in anger toward him, the other in anger toward their Dad.

Thanks,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 6/27/12 7:49 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: So Thankful
 I'm so glad you found us.  Check in with us on a regular basis. We have a few people that lurk, but pray.  I try to check in regularly, so does Karen.  A few of us drop in less frequently.  

Hugs,
Trish 
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/27/12 2:27 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: So Thankful
Glad you found us, we are pretty hidden away! Feel free to post any prayer requests you might have. Many don't post but do pray for requests and of course feel free to share anytime!
happygirl01
on 6/27/12 12:28 am
Topic: So Thankful
I stumbled upon this page! Thank God above I did. I need God in my life and I love talking with others who do to. So much crazy going on in this world to day it is like a breath of fresh air to have a forum like this. God bless each of you and I will be here as often as I can.
Hislady
on 6/26/12 10:35 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: God is Good,
Not much to add to that but Amen! So glad you are doing well andwill continue prayers for quick healing!
Patricia R.
on 6/26/12 8:00 am - Perry, MI
Topic: God is Good,
All the time.  All the time, God is good. 

My surgery went well yesterday.  When I came out of anesthesia, I was in an incredible amount of pain, but the nurse was so wonderful.  She provided me with plenty of pain meds, and ice pack.  She gave me ice chips for my sore throat, caused by the tube they used to ventilate me.  She got me juice and cookies, to help raise my blood sugar.  She anticipated my needs, before I could ask for anything.  Nurses truly are angels of mercy.  

God was in control of every aspect of my surgery.  He's still taking care of me today.  And, I know He'll take care of me tomorrow.  He is the Great Physician, overseeing my care through the doctors and nurses who care for me.  

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 6/24/12 9:33 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Some prayer needs
Hi Karen,
 I have had deviated septum repair. Then, I had two sinus surgeries..  This will be my third.  I'm not too 
 worried.  Just hoping things go smoothly, and that everything goes smoothly.  I get more anxious about the little details, than the surgery and post-op pain themselves.

Thanks for your prayers.  I know I can always count on you.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/24/12 8:50 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Some prayer needs
So glad you are finally able to get this done. I'm sure the pain is gonna be bad at first at least I remember it being that way when I had my deviated septum done. Plus I had a plastic "thing" in my nose that about drove me crazy till it came out. I'm sure that in the long run it'll be worth it tho. Sounds like you are all ready and rarin' to go so will plan on prayer for you for the surgery and recovery. May God watch over and bless you!!!
Patricia R.
on 6/24/12 6:13 am - Perry, MI
Topic: Some prayer needs
 Greetings,
Well, I have to be at the hospital at 8:30 tomorrow morning.  I am so grateful for this, because my sis-in-law is driving me before she goes to work.  I was prepared to sit there all morning if necessary.  Now, I won't have to.  

My surgery is scheduled for around 9:30.  From my recollections, the post-op pain for sinus surgery is worse than for RNY, and I had mine open.  Plus, this time, I am getting my nose straightened out, which means the doc is gonna rebreak my nose and set it again.  I'll end up with a lot of bruising and black eyes.  I am hoping my doc gives me strong enough pain killers.  

I'm so grateful that a friend from church is willing to pick me up from the hospital and drive me home.  

I have been doing a lot of cooking and cleaning this weekend.  I made a bunch of casseroles to just serve out a portion and reheat in the microwave.  

I'd appreciate prayer tomorrow, Monday June 25th, and the rest of the week.  I'm hoping I don't have as much pain as I dread having.  

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 6/19/12 12:12 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: I'm Falling Apart
  You've got my prayers, Karen.  I'm so grateful, I don't have time to feel sorry for myself about my health issues.  

Hugs and love,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active