Recent Posts

Patricia R.
on 7/27/12 10:10 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: 1 Cor. 15:6
I often think about how neat it would have been to be with the women who went to the grave, and first saw Jesus after He was resurrected.  I'm not sure where it talks about the doubters, but I believe that somewhere it basically says better for those who have faith without seeing Him in His resurrected body.  

Sorry I haven't been on lately.  I've been busy making my AA meetings and doing volunteer work.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 7/27/12 9:02 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: 1 Cor. 15:6
"After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep." Here Paul is saying that at that time in history there were still many around that could attest to the resurection of Christ, they had seen it with their own eyes. Wouldn't that have been an amazing sight? I sometimes wish amazing things like that happened in present day times just because then there would be no reason for anyone to doubt the reality of Jesus Christ. Tho being human I suppose there would still be unbelievers but it would be pretty hard to deny if we saw it in person. However just because we don't see it now days doesn't mean we can't share those facts of old and tell others of the "Good News"!

God bless! Karen
Patricia R.
on 7/26/12 2:35 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Prayer
 Glad you posted.  My state forum is pretty quiet lately, eve since a regular poster insulted someone publicly for how they looked.  People are afraid to post for obvious reasons.

I'm grateful for any activity here.  

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 7/26/12 1:11 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Acts 11:23
[He] encouraged them all that with purpose of heart they should continue with the Lord. Barnabas was known as the "Son of Encouragement" for always having a word of encouragement for those who needed it. This is such an easy thing to do if we keep it in mind. A hug here a positive word there. Often it is all that is needed to make someone's day. Let's try to be a light to someone who needs it.

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 7/26/12 6:23 am - Vancouver, WA
Well I'm sure glad you both keep posting!!! I'm sure folks appreciate it even if they don't post. Thank you both for your dedication!
shoutjoy
on 7/25/12 8:12 pm - Culpeper, VA
I do a roll call on my State board and it is a very quiet board.  People like to lurk but not post.  I don't know why I continue to do it lol.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

Cherokeesage
on 7/25/12 3:12 pm
RNY on 02/24/12
Topic: Prayer
Wish we had more posters on this forum.  I've been praying for all weight loss patients since having my own surgery.  I've not had any major issues and feel blessed thus far.  In His Love, Barb

Banded  Oct 2008:  290       
RNY Feb 2012:        245    
Dr's set goal:            170 reached Oct 11, 2012
My goal:                     160  reached Dec 1, 2012
Today :                       145-150

I am half the person I was in 2008.

Hislady
on 7/25/12 6:33 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Mark 10:45
"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." How often do we remember what an honor it is to be called to serve our Lord? Being human we more often think about being served by others, not what we can do for them. If it was good enough for Jesus it HAS to be good for us and it doesn't have to be dramatic like saving a life. It can be as simple as lending an ear to one who is troubled or even a hug when needed. Big or small let's keep an eye open for a situation where we can serve others.

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 7/25/12 6:24 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Dr. Stanley Devotional for July 25
I strongly believe we MUST pray for our kids daily, even hourly sometimes. Several years ago my daughter had turned against me and to this day I'm not sure why but she wouldn't speak to me or have anything to do with me. I prayed and prayed, it took a few years but she finally contacted me and with the help of facebook we started communicating again. I'm happy to say that she and her boys have spent the summer here and we've had a great time. Now she hasn't returned to her Christian life, still follows pagan lifestyle but one day at a time I continue to pray she will also return to her Christian walk. Prayer does and will work if we are diligent, just remember God has His own time and way to work.
I'm also praying that this will open doors for Sean too!
Patricia R.
on 7/24/12 10:18 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Dr. Stanley Devotional for July 25
A lot of what is said about David here describes my daughter, Colleen.  Today is her 36th birthday.  She has never wavered, nor doubted in her walk with God.  She has helped me grow so much.  She was raised with Sunday School and church attendance.  She participated in Pioneer Girls during the week.  

When she was 15, we helped her raise money, support from friends from church and others, to go to Tunisia to be a nanny for a missionary friend.  She was gone from the third week in June, till the third week in August, turning 16 while there.  When she got off the plane, she said, "I want to go back."

In college, she was active in Campus Crusade for Christ, now called Cru.  Cru is a ministry that reaches out to college students, helping them see their need for Christ, and discipling them to become Christian leaders.  Colleen went on Spring Break trips to Daytona Beach, Florida, and one summer she went on a Cru missions trip to Lake Tahoe.  Cru guided Colleen into becoming a Christian leader.

Now that she is a Mom, she is raising my grandchildren to know the Lord, and teaching them the importance of His Word.  My biggest regret is that when I was her age, I lacked the same faith she has now.  It has taken me a long time to grow into the woman she could look up to.

Now, to pray for my sons, that they would hunger and thirst for the same relationship with Christ.  I'm hoping that now that Sean, my youngest, would see his need for Christ in his recovery from drugs and alcohol.  He has not spoken against what I've mentioned so far.

Sorry this is so long.  My prayers for my kids are constant.  I'm sure if you are a Mom or Dad, you share the same burden for yours.

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active