Recent Posts

Patricia R.
on 8/6/12 1:55 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: Prayer for cost of medications
Hello Family,
I'm going on Medicare in October, and spent close to two hours today on the phone with AARP arranging for Medigap and Prescription coverage.  I learned that my prescriptions will cost me a small fortune, and I am at a loss what to do about it.  I see my psychiatrist in a month to discuss my options.  Unfortunately, my online research indicated that I have no other options, other than the expensive medications.  The reason I am upset is that my current prescription coverage has copays of $9.50 for brand and $6.75 for generic, either a 30 or 90 day supply.  

Please pray that my psychiatrist has some suggestions to avoid paying a small fortune to stay emotionally stable.

Thanks,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 8/1/12 12:59 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Romans 5:8
Hi Karen,
Your post reminds me of Roman 8:28-29.  "All things work together for good, for them that love the Lord..."  It has taken me a long time, but I have seen trials and sucky situations as opportunities to try to glorify the Lord.  Because, I have totally surrendered my will and my life to Him in rehab two and a half years ago, I have such peace at times of turmoil.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 8/1/12 12:38 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Acts 3:19
 Hi Karen,
Sorry I forgot to check in last night.  I'll try to be more conscientious more often.

You know, it took me a very long time to totally get the reality of God's forgiveness and forgetness before I had peace.  You see, my Mom never lets me forget anything I did wrong as a teenager, or adult.  I learned throughout my journey with the Lord that I perceived God to be a lot like my Mother, unforgiving and mean.  Mom was the dominant figure in my parents' marriage.

Praise God that He gave me a wonderful discipler/mentor who constantly reminded me that the Lord knew all about my sins when He went to the cross, and He loved me so much He let them put the nails in anyway.  I also learned to let the reality of Scripture really sink into my heart.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 8/1/12 6:56 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Romans 5:8
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  The author refers to several scriptures where "But God" is used to show us the brighter side of a down situation. Such as when someone else tries to use a situation for evil "But God" can and does use it for His good. There is nothing that man or satan can do to us that "But God" can't turn around for His glory. So when things look down remember to ask God to use this situation for His good and glory.

God Bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 7/31/12 2:31 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Acts 3:19
"Repent...that your sins may be blotted out." Isn't that awesome they will be blotted out, not just ignored but eliminated, gone, no longer existing! This is the whole reason for Christ's suffering on the cross, that our sins would be erased because He took them on Himself. What an amazing gift we have been given by our Father!

God bless!
Karen
Patricia R.
on 7/30/12 1:42 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Phillippians 1:12
After being house bound for over two months, during which I was in the hospital for two weeks, and had the most excruciating pain in my leg, and surgery to drain a horrific hematoma, I was able to go to church and share God's goodness throughout it all.  One woman was so moved by what I shared with her, she sent me a note telling me that my story encouraged her a great deal.  I could have easily whined and complained during it all, but I had God's perfect peace, and He strengthened me throughout the entire period.  I'm always trying to glorify God in everything I do.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 7/30/12 11:17 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Phillippians 1:12
"I want you to know,brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherancce of the gospel." Well I know Trish and I can both relate to this and Im sure others of you can too. We've both been thru unending physical pain situations and multiple surgeries and both of us have shared at least our strengthening from our faith. Even if we haven't actually shared the whole story of becoming a believer we have shared that we can tolerate our pain because of our faith in Christ who has shared more pain than we could ever imagine. Plus as Paul professed during his trials that these things actually furthe the gospel, so when life is looking down and dire just remember what others have gone thru before us. Look for the good that may come from our suffering no matter what type of suffering it is, God can use it to His benefit and glory!

God bless!
Karen
starry957
on 7/30/12 7:00 am
Topic: RE: SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE!
thanks for everyone's feedback - I appreciate it!   I am trusting God.

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Patricia R.
on 7/27/12 10:30 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Acts 11:23
 Hi Karen,
Because I have been in the pit of despair more than once or twice, I know how much a little encouragement can totally change my day.  Just a few kind words makes a huge difference to a person.  Now, being an encourager blesses me.  Giving to someone comes back and helps me.

God bless.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 7/27/12 10:24 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Mark 10:45
Serving others is at the heart of the AA program.  AA was founded when Bill Wilson first went to the bedside of Dr. Bob.  He knew that he could not stay sober unless he was helping someone else get sober.  The 12th Step of AA says, "Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps we tried to carry the message to other alcoholics, and practice these principles in all our affairs."  We carry the message in so many different ways.  

I am blessed to be in a church that encourages serving others.  When I was sick with the injured leg back in January, I was amazed at how many people brought me meals.  Then, the Monday after my surgery, a friend packed up all of my Christmas decorations, including my tree.  Another friend came and swept and mopped my living room and kitchen floors.  I try to help meet those kinds of needs when the opportunity arises.

I'm also enjoying my volunteer work.  It's at a Recovery Community Center near here.  There, we provide help to alcoholics and addicts in early recovery, with employment workshops, recovery planning and a slew of other services based on a person's particular situation and needs.

Hugs,
Trish
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active