Recent Posts

Patricia R.
on 9/3/12 6:01 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Ephesians 6:6
I wish I could say the same about my career.  There were only three years that I actually enjoyed teaching.  Then, I was constantly being threatened with suspension for my poor attendance due to doctors appointments, wven when I brought in a doctor's note.

I did thoroughly enjoy my days working at the psych hospital, even when I was physically exhausted from working two jobs.  Every other week, I worked from Monday of one week to the Friday of the next week without a day off.

Now, I really am enjoying all of my volunteer work, especially at the agency that offers free services to people in early recovery.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 9/3/12 4:30 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Ephesians 6:6
"Not with eyeservice as men-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart." I've been fortunate to always have had jobs I liked or at least didn't dislike. Altho my customer service job had it's days when I wanted to rip my hair out! Most days tho the day flew by before I knew it. Just like now I can knit and crochet for hours on end and not get tired of it because most of the time I'm doing a project for someone else like prayer shawls or hats for the Salvation army. I know it is something God has put there for me to do.

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 9/3/12 4:20 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Galations 1:23
Oh yeah unfortunately I know all about tarot and goddesses. My daughter that was here this summer is into all that nonsense, says she's a pagan. However when she was in her teens she accepted Christ so won't she be surprised when she ends up in the rapture. At least from my understanding once a Christian always a Christian even when acting against it. Just means you have more 'splainin' come judgment day. I still pray for her tho and hope she'll come around before then.
Hislady
on 9/3/12 4:12 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: 1 Peter 1:7
I keep trying to get that blasted Visa f ours paid down but since hubby retired it just isn't happening. When he worked I had an extra $500 a month to put on it so no problem, but since then no matter how I try to economize it just isn't happening. It's not like we just blow money but it just won't go down. This Nov I'll be able to start drawing off his SS  so that'll be and extra $700 and I'm dumping it on that Visa till it's paid off!!! 
Hislady
on 9/3/12 4:06 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Miserable Weekend
You know if it weren't for you and me the entire medical community might collapse! I sure hope you get feeling better soon and will of course pray for you!
Patricia R.
on 9/3/12 3:45 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: Miserable Weekend
I'd appreciate prayer for relief from another sinus infection and my back hurting from being rear ended on Thursday.  The pain meds I take for chronic pain are not working this time.  I really need something stronger.  Problem is, my doctor knows I have addiction issues, and is reluctant to prescribe me the good stuff.

So, between a low grade fever every night, getting the chills, and my back being in constant pain, I have been miserable this weekend.  I can't wait to call my doctor tomorrow morning.  

What upsets me the most is I was scheduled for a cortisone shot to finally get relief from the shoulder pain I've had since I fell in December.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 9/3/12 7:05 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Galations 1:23
This is interesting for me too.  

I was raised Roman Catholic, but had no clue about a personal relationship with Christ.  Then, some ladies witnessed to my Mom and me, and we prayed.  They then suggested we attend their extremely Conservative Baptist church, and "Confess" our faith in front of their congregation.  Well, that was totally against what we believed people should do.  

After that, I got involved in the typical three things teens in the 70's did, Sex, Drugs and Rock n Roll.  Then, I had two best friends in high school.  One read Tarot cards, and had me read a really blasphemous book called, "Judas, My Brother," which denied the deity of Christ.  The other attended a little Conservative church, where I started attending in the evenings, because I went back to singing in the Catholic church's choir.  Well, my Christian friend kept witnessing to me, and loving me, inspite of my constant failures.  

Eventually, I was baptized, but also got pregnant to my then 17 year old boyfriend.  He was still in high school, while I had just graduated a few months previous.  Somehow, we got married.  He went in the Army.  We had a really rough 25 years together, before he gave up on me, with good reason.

Point is, all throughout my marriage, God sent me angels to guide me and teach me, until I found Ruth.  She has stuck by me for almost 20 years now.  It's been such a blessing to learn from her.

Sorry if I got off track.  I almost lost track of my Tarot card reading friend.  We are on Facebook together.  She is still into horoscopes, and all of the sun goddess, Earth worshipping stuff.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 9/3/12 6:41 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: 1 Peter 1:7
Hi Karen,
I'm right there with you on the yarn at Michaels, except it would also include the fabric at Joanns.  I had sewn several outfits for my granddaughter when I lived upstairs.  Not since moving down here.  I haven't been up to it.  I just finished a baby blanket for my new grandson, and am trying to finish a blanket for his newer cousin.  

I did not have a problem with loving money.  Unfortunately, I did love things, trips and travel to visit my kids.  That caused me to ring up thousands in credit card debt.  Now, I am trying to dig myself out, and got myself into a bigger mess.  I'm hoping that when I stop having to pay $760 a month in COBRA medical insurance payments, I can get caught up.  I'm hoping I can do it by December in order to make a trip to visit my grandchildren before Christmas.  If not before Christmas, after Christmas.  My daughter and her family are not able to come home for Christmas this year.  They try to make it every other year, since all of her in-laws live in Michigan, with her parents in-law living in the same town.  

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 9/3/12 6:26 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: John 6:35
Amen to this Karen,
It took me tremendously long to realize not only that Jesus would fill that void in my life, but HOW to allow Jesus into my life.  For years, I knew He would, but could not figure out how to let Him to just that.  It took a lot of faith and trust, and digging into His Word before I finally experienced Him fully satisfying that void.  It would not have happened without a lot of Bible study and discipleship.

Sorry this is late.  I'm just getting caught up since my accident.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 8/31/12 5:26 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Galations 1:23
"He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy." This verse really hits home for me because in my past I have gone from believing in nothing to following more of the eastern type religions. Even studied under the disiple of a guru, the sad part is I learned more about the Bible and Jesus from him than I had in the Methodist church I went to as a youngster. Then I just kind of drifted for quite a few years. 

One day I decided to read the Bible cover to cover so I could argue and get rid of those annoying Christian people who kept trying to "save" me. Well, a funny thing happened on the way to the revolution I got interested in God's word and the next thing you know I'm on my knees begging for forgiveness and saving! Yep you guessed it I accepted Christ as my Savior and the rest as they say is history.  So much so that a few years ago I was teaching a group of senior ladies Sunday School classes. I must have done ok cause they didn't argue with my teaching or try to correct me and they probably knew more than I did! 

When you repent and turn your life around 180 degrees it is really pretty easy because the Holy Spirit works in you to help make the changes so you always have assistance with the changes. If you can surrender to the Spirit you will also grow closer to God. So repenting leads to changing that leads to a closer relationship with God and that is always a good thing!

I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!

God bless!
Karen
Most Active