Recent Posts

Patricia R.
on 10/17/12 10:46 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Prayer needed
 You have my prayers at this time.  Please remember that the Lord is fully aware of your husband's job situation, and that HE is at work preparing your husband, and the job HE desires for him while you wait and trust.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 10/16/12 11:04 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: 2 Timothy 2:15
"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the Word of truth." Some folks try to twist the words of the Bible to support their own theories. Some also use the same quote to support their completely opposite idea, now we know it can be both because God doesn't work that way. Instead of trying to use scripture to support our ideas we need to read the scripture and then let the Holy Spirit help you understand the real meaning that God intended.

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 10/15/12 2:35 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: 1 Corinthians 15:55
OK I just can't leave this forum so I'll just limit my time on other forums. I've spent too much time trying to revive this board so I can't leave it now. So I'm baaaack! 

"O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?"  Death, something we all have to face sooner or later. Does the idea of dying terrify you or do you just trust that God will guide you thru it. I have to say the older I get and the more physical problems I have the more that trip looks promising. Maybe that's why we get weaker and have more health problems as we get older so that we will look forward to it and not insist on staying here.

One piece of scripture always used to bother me and that was the 23 Psalm where it talks about the "walk thru the valley of the shadow of death". It always made me afraid of death but then a Pastor once preached to us that it says "thru the valley", not stuck in the valley or left to die in the valley but that He is there with us all the way. It completely changed my idea, I saw that it was a wonderful thing not something to be terrified of. So while I would miss my life here, I know that the coming life is going to be amazing and I will see old friends and family.

What are your thoughts on dying?

God bless!
Karen
Hislady
on 10/12/12 3:29 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Prayer needed
I'll be praying for your hubby, it's so depressing to men when they aren't bringing in the bacon so to speak. I'm sure others here will too, lots of times they don't post but do pray. Glad you found us!
Eula "Evie" R.
on 10/12/12 1:02 pm - Mount Nebo, WV
Topic: Prayer needed
Hi All,
My husband is laid off from work. This company was not fair about laying my husband off. He works Union , he is a labor and goes from job to job and different co. One of the boss's and some formen went to the main man and told them they wanted my husband back to work and they did my husband wrong. We have not heard anything yet about him going back to work. Please pray that Gopd will soften the hearts of the main man and my husband will have favor with God. Maybe the Lord has another job for him. This has upset my husband so very much, he can not sleep very well at all over this. We need your prayers.

God Bless
Evie

Hislady
on 10/7/12 6:33 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Leaving but not on a jet plane!
Well I think I may just come here and one other forum of band vets and skip the rest. I hate to give up here so still thinking on it but would be good to have you e-addy just in case.
Patricia R.
on 10/6/12 12:39 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Leaving but not on a jet plane!
 Karen,
I totally understand.  I've been having trouble getting some of OH's boards to just open up for me.  It's unnerving to say the least.

I'll PM you on Facebook to give you my e-mail address.  At least we can keep up with each other there.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 10/5/12 1:59 pm - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Leaving but not on a jet plane!
I'm sorry to say I probably won't be here much longer, the recent changes in format are just the straw that broke my back. I just can't take anymore screwing around by OH and they are driving me off with their nonsense. I'll probably go to proboards and facebook, I need to think about this and pray about it but as of now I'm fed up.
Hislady
on 10/4/12 9:30 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Please pray regarding a need for an expensive medication
Oh yeah I know all about Lovonox! I have to use it too for surgeries and whew it is expensive unless I can plan ahead enough to get it from my mail order group and then it's only $40 for a months worth. They must cringe every time I order it, that's probably over $3000 for them to eat!
Anyway back to my original thought, if this doesn't go thru talk to your pharmacist they should have forms to send to the manufacturer of the Lovonox (there is a generic now but it's nearly as expensive) and you should qualify for their needy programs. My mom used to have to take a med that cost several hundred a month and after my dad passed there just wasn't enough money and the pharmacist told her about this program. Evidently every pharmecutical company has one of these programs to help those without enough insurance coverage. So hang in there if this door closes there's another one to knock on!
By the way did you ever get that pharmacy discount card I sent you? Just wanted to make sure you got it, if not I do have another one. Hang in there!
Patricia R.
on 10/3/12 2:17 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: Please pray regarding a need for an expensive medication
Hi Everyone,
I really need prayer about a very important, extremely expensive medication I sometimes need that is not covered by any of my insurances.

First, let me give a huge praise.  On October 1st, I went on Medicare.  Prior to Medicare, I was paying $530 in COBRA payments a month, for my medical insurance.  That did not include prescriptions.  In getting Medicare, my supplemental plan only costs $99 a month.  It is through my teachers retirement plan, that is why the price is so low.  My prescription plan is not a Medicare Part D plan.  I will have the same co-pay for all my generic meds, which is reasonable, and the same co-pay for brand meds, which are $11 generic and $22 brand.  There is NO doughnut hole in this plan.  This gives me huge savings on all of my meds, which would be about $800 a month in the doughnut hole otherwise.  I praise God for these benefits, because the prescription plan is through the teachers union I belonged to while teaching in Philadelphia for 18 years.  Union members do benefit from their unions.  
Now for my problem.  I am on Coumadin for life, because I have a serious clotting disorder, and have already had a pulmonary embolism.  Whenever I have an outpatient procedure, including dental work and a cortisone shot, I must go off the Coumadin for five days prior, and use an injectable drug called Lovenox to protect me from developing a clot or embolism.  (I've buried both of my brothers to pulmonary emboli.)  Medicare does NOT cover Lovenox with my Part A or B coverage.  It would be covered under Part D, if I had it.  Neither does my union prescription plan pay for the Lovenox.  Prior to Medicare, my regular health insurance paid for it.  

Did I mention it's expensive?  I usually need 10 days worth, and the Lovenox costs $100 an injection.  That would be $1,000 total.  After many desperate phone calls, and some prayer, not in that order, I was able to contact a business that offers help to people who aren't covered for prescription medication.  The woman is sending me the application.  I have to give proof of my income, and my insurance information, then take it to my hematologist's office for her to fill out.  Then the company will verify lack of coverage for this medication and make their determination.  

Please pray for me in this matter.  I need some dental work in the near future, and another procedure on my back soon as well.  Being on Disability for back pain, as well as the injury from being rear ended in August, I often need to go on Lovenox.

Thanks for your prayer support.

Hugs,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active