Recent Posts

Lynn W.
on 3/8/13 7:42 am - NJ
Topic: RE: Pastor in Philly Area Happy to Have Found You!

Thank you, Trish! I recall seeing commercials for Barix at Langhorne. I'm glad you're maintaining your loss (more than I can say for myself!). And I adore your dog's name!  Smart lady!

Blessings to you on your continued journey!

Lynn 

Well-behaved women seldom make history.  --Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Patricia R.
on 3/8/13 6:08 am - Perry, MI

Greetings Lynn and Welcome,

I just moved from Bristol, PA to Michigan a month ago.  I had my RNY at Barix Clinic in Langhorne, in August 2006.  One of the great things there is their support groups.  Their post-op support meeting is the third Wednesday of the month.  They also have one the first Saturday of the month.  All are welcome there.  I wish I had attended more often.  I haven't reached goal, but I am maintaining a 100 pound loss.They're located right near Oxford Valley Mall and Sesame Place.

I try to check in daily.

Love your avatar.  My dog's name is Utley.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lynn W.
on 3/7/13 11:01 am - NJ

Thanks so much!  Blessings to you and everyone here.  

Lynn 

Hislady
on 3/7/13 6:41 am - Vancouver, WA

Welcome! I've read several of your posts already on other forums. As you can see we are kinda slow here but I check in everyday to see if anyone pops in. We welcome any posts or prayer requests and even if no one posts to it know that some of us are here praying for the request. I was doing a daily posting but have just kinda burnt out on it for awhile. If you have any subjects you would like to post on feel free we are a very loose group.

Sounds like you have learned the hard way like many others that ya gotta follow the basic rules. So now lesson learned and back to work, I'm sure you can do it!

Lynn W.
on 3/6/13 6:14 am - NJ
Topic: Pastor in Philly Area Happy to Have Found You!

Hi,

Today, I rejoined OH.  This time, as a person seeking a revision.  I first joined back in early 2008; I had RNY surgery on Dec 28, 2008.  I did well for the first year or so, but then I started slacking off, thinking the surgery would allow me to eat what I wanted and still keep the weight off.  Well, surprise, surprise!  It doesn't work that way.  So, I'm back.

Let me tell you, rejoining this site was not easy for me.  Granted, I made many friends and gained (and gave) lots of support here.  (It's a great site!)  But, returning and rejoining made me face the harsh reality that I really need help.  Again.  I can't believe I'm starting this whole process over (haven't even attended my first info session, nor have I started that whole uphill insurance battle).  ​I can't do this alone.  I do know that.  And that's why I'm back.

I'm scheduled to attend an information session on May 6th. It can't come soon enough.  I am thankful for 2nd chances and, provided I'm given one, I will NOT waste it this time.

xoxo

Lynn 

Patricia R.
on 3/5/13 6:07 am - Perry, MI
Topic: Please Pray

I'd appreciate prayer.  First, my ten month old grandson has an ear infection, has been on an antibiotic for eight days, and is still holding his ear, and running fevers.  I babysat him today, and he was just pitiful.  My daughter is taking him to the pediatrician tonight for the second time in a week.

Also, I have my second sinus infection in three weeks.  I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, to meet a new family doctor.  I see an ENT doctor the following Monday.  I'd appreciate prayer for that.

I'm missing my Bible study tonight, to watch the two older Munchkins so Colleen can take the baby to the doctor.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 2/24/13 9:52 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Just some praises

That is my daughter's name so I'll be sure to pray for her! At least she is reaching out, that is good. As long as she doesn't jeopardize your new life she would be someone you could help. God will give you the right words and actions.

Patricia R.
on 2/23/13 9:58 am - Perry, MI

Well, I believe I opened every possible box my study Bible could be in, with no luck.  I'm not giving up.  I did find the Bible I'd used prior to getting the Study Bible.  It'll be okay for church for now.  I just miss the special case my Study Bible's in.

Special prayer request.  A girl I was in alcohol treatment with called me today.  I haven't seen her in three years.  We were roommates.  She told me she's lost her faith, and is struggling.  She's drinking, and has lost custody of her young daughter.  I was like a Mom to her in rehab.  I need wisdom, and she needs Jesus.  Her name is Heather.  She's 29 years old, and very sweet.

Love,

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 2/23/13 9:16 am - Vancouver, WA

Oh packing and unpacking is such a pain! Even when you are diligent about labeling stuff gets buried and it takes forever to find things again. It'll be in the box you least expect it to be in! So glad you have a church family to grow with that's great! Keep digging and I'm sure you will find it soon!

Patricia R.
on 2/22/13 9:49 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: Just some praises

Good Morning,

I want to thank all of you for your prayers.  My sinus/upper respiratory infection is much better.  I followed the doctor's orders, and made sure to take the cough medicine he recommended as well.  I had to miss Bible study on Tuesday night, because the antibiotic gave me diarrhea, which had me in the bathroom most of the evening.  

I am slowly getting involved in church, which so far I'm comfortable in.  I would appreciate prayer that I find my study Bible.  I packed it by mistake, instead of leaving it out to take with me to my sister's.  I've been into most of my boxes with books, but haven't found the one with all my Bibles in it.  I have a devotional Bible right now, but I like to take my study Bible to church, and to use for Bible study.

Have a blessed weekend.

Hugs,

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active