Recent Posts

tonnabug
on 6/25/13 11:11 am - Huntsville, AL
Revision on 04/29/13
Topic: RE: Me again

So sorry to hear this!!  Prayers for you!! Huggs!  wink

Began journey in 2007 at 312, had Lap band 2008, lost 40 pre-op then 24 post op, regained to 319.  Lost 39# on my own, then revised to VSG 4/29/13 @ 280.

Hislady
on 6/25/13 9:00 am - Vancouver, WA

Thanks for your support I'm feeling better today. Just had a chest xray and no pneumonia so I don't have to go to the hospital. I do have lots of folks and friends on the internet from church that I keep in touch with. I think yesterday was one of those pity party days. I'm also feeling a little better physically, I started a new prednisone taper for a longer slower time so it seems to be helping having the bigger dose for now. I still want to figure out what keeps causing these flare ups, maybe it's just the COPD but I know others with it that have fairly normal lives so sot sure why I have so many flare ups. Anyhoo thanks for the prayers and hugs to you!

Patricia R.
on 6/24/13 7:15 am - Perry, MI

You poor thing.  I remember how frustrated I was to be crippled last year for three months, and not be able to go anywhere but doctor appointments.  And, then again, with my broken right foot, being trapped at my sister's for six weeks, totally unable to use my right foot for anything.  But, I had a light at the end of the tunnel in both situations.  Your situation is so much worse, because you've been dealing with this for so much longer, and it appears to be unending.  

Sweetie, until you have a light at the end of your tunnel, could you call some of your friends, from church or wherever, and invite them over for tea, or prayer.  Be honest, and share with them how lonely you are, as well as discouraged.  Ask your church's pastor to visit, or arrange visits from the elders/deacons and their wives.  Most of the churches I've attended had ministries to shut-ins.   

Message me on Facebook your phone number, and I'll call you.  My e-mail is acting up right now.

Love,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/24/13 5:52 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: Me again

I'm back asking for prayer again for my funky lungs, they are just making me crazy, feel like crud and don't want to have to go to the hospital again. I did call my pulmonary doc today and waiting for a call back. I just want to have a sorta normal life and be able to go back to church and go to the grocery store once in awhile. I miss my friends. So thank you for any and all prayers!!

Hislady
on 6/24/13 5:49 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: Son-in-law needs prayer

Oh darn I was hoping by now they had passed, poor guy! He should be able to get more pain meds, they often say no refill but if you call the doc they will usually OK a refill, they don't want to leave it open ended. I'm glad you are there to be able to help them out. I will continue to pray for him!

Patricia R.
on 6/23/13 9:54 pm - Perry, MI

Thanks for praying.  It's day five, and there's no change.  He is still either in pain, vomiting, or passed out from the pain pills.  No stones have passed.

I took supper to their house on Saturday, because my daughter is running on exhaustion.  I also watched my grandson, Frankie, yesterday.  Isabel had a Girl Scout trip that Colleen took her on.  Lincoln went to a friend's house, and I had the baby, so Trent could sleep.

So, please continue to pray for him.  His name is Trent.  I'm hoping my daughter calls our PCP doctor, and discusses his lack of improvement.  Trent has run out of one of his pain medications already, and he's not abusing them.  Colleen is carefully monitoring those.

God bless.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/20/13 1:57 pm - Vancouver, WA

Oh poor guy!! I've had 2 stones pass at different times and I was in the worst pain I've ever had. I was in pain even thru my fentanyl patch and my oxycodone, they didn't even dull the pain. It was indeed horrid, I'll be praying they pass soon, no one should have that kind of pain!

Patricia R.
on 6/20/13 10:08 am - Perry, MI
Topic: Son-in-law needs prayer

I'd appreciate prayer for my son-in-law, Trent.  He was in the ER most of the day, in excruciating pain.  They found three large kidney stones.  He was in such awful pain, Morphine didn't help.  He is the family's only source of income, and he works for himself, so he can't afford to take time off for the pain.  He came home from the ER with strainers to catch the stones when they pass.

Please pray they pass quickly, so he can resume work, and not experience anymore pain.  They are not financially well off.

Hugs,

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Hislady
on 6/14/13 4:58 am - Vancouver, WA
Topic: RE: His Lady

Awesome I'll get in touch with your there. My puter was sick for a couple of days too.

Patricia R.
on 6/13/13 8:48 am - Perry, MI
Topic: His Lady

Hi Karen,

I did not see your private message about Lovenox till a few days ago, due to my laptop acting up.  It is Lovenox I need.  You can e-mail me at [email protected].  We can discuss your offer privately.

Love you,

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active