40 days of purpose poll

kristy D.
on 9/18/04 1:40 pm - Farmers, CA
Hi everyone..... i would like to know how many of you plan on doing the 40 days of purpose? I am starting it next week and i'm sooooo excited. I have already plugged into a small group from my church and plan on attending every Sunday to hear my wonderful pastor.
G. Carter
on 9/18/04 7:58 pm - Columbus, OH
Are you refering to the Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren? If so I read the book but found it difficult to read one chapter a day and complete the exercises for fourty days. I may have to try it again since I finished the book before the fourty days was up. Georgeann
Sally C.
on 9/22/04 9:41 am - colesville, MD
Christine and Georgia, Our church was going to begin as a family. So my husband who is in Baptist Seminary, decided to do a study on the content. When Mr. Warren quotes the scriptures, he is taking it out of context almost every time. Unfortunately we couldn't agree with using it as a foundation excersize or education/doctrine, so now we're looking for a new church. Warren's philosophy is big within the Neo-Evangeical circles, but not actually bibical. I am sorry if I have offended or disappointed you ladies (really and truly). One other thing, I have a friend that brought his Bible to the Rick Warren study groups and he was told to leave it at home next time, it caused confusion. mmmmmmm The Bible is the beginning and the end. The best family counselor and self help book around. I'll end my say now. I just love you and am very concerned about this movement within God's churches. Love Always Sally
Most Active