RE: Other Christians passing judgement.

KellyJo
on 9/13/04 11:00 am - Worcester, MA
This has been an issue that has been bothering me almost since I started my wls journey and I am still pre-op. When I told my pastor, who is also my boss, he didnt say much positive or negative. I've had pretty much the same reaction from other believers, though I havent told many people. I look at it like this is medically necessary for me to have any kind of normal life, as long as God allows me to live here on earth. I'm still scared, but I know He will be with me. Thanks! Kelly
Rondaslosinit
on 9/15/04 7:42 am - Richardson, TX
I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. This is what I say to people like that: Can you see a physical manifestation of weight loss - absolutely - is it awesome - absolutely!!! But in my mind this is a physical manifestation of God's promises "to restore what the locusts have eaten" and "remove my shame" and a physical manifestation of spiritual promotion. God has given me a voice and made it louder within my world. God has given me a voice with more authority to be used to His Glory and most importantly to be used to bring people into His kingdom. I give Him all the glory - I am in constant awe of His amazing, unchanging love for me and the gifts He freely gives. Good Luck, Ronda
Most Active