RE: WOW didn't know there was a Christian message BOARD!! Whoo HOO!!

trinket
on 9/5/04 9:01 am - Polo, IL
Hi, all I just found the link that obesity help has a christian board. sooo Cool! I'm impressed! Thank You Jesus! I am a Christian, single, homeschooling mom of 4. I am 33 yrs old til next month, and been seeking RNY for almost 2 years now. I have a medicaid card and have just found last week a doctor that will take it two hours away from me. I go to an informational meeting on Sept. 13. I ask that you all if you would pray for God's will in allt his for me, and my children. I was all approved and ready to schedule a surgery date last year when they stopped taking my insurance ( I had blue cross blue shield). I then figured it wasn't God's plan for me to have this surgery and I began to try to diet and exercize. I did succed to lose weight from 321lbs to wavering betweeen 290-301 which I seem to be stuck at. I don't believe God wants me to stay this way and he wants me to be healthy, I do have to say the surgery is scarey knowing I'm a single mom and there is NO ONE I would want to raise my children if anything happened to me. But my health begins to fail me due to obesity issues. Sorry for the books, more later, but you all get the gist of things for now. Blessings, so excited to see a christian board, Katie
Shirlene H.
on 9/5/04 10:47 am - Van Etten, NY
Hi Katie, So glad you found this board. It sure has been a good source of support and encouragement to me. May the Lord bless you on this journey! Keep us posted on your progress. Shirlene
c&j's Maw-Maw
on 9/5/04 1:48 pm - Pulaski, TN
Hi Katie...WELCOME!! I'm so glad to see someone else join this message board! Congratulations on the weight loss. I know it is frustrating. I'd say "have patience" but I know how hard that is too... My best to you, Kandy
Pastor di
on 9/6/04 5:37 am - DALLAS, TX
Thanks for sharing and welcome. I definitely know where you are coming from. I homeschooled my children and even though they are now grown and have children of there own they are both single parents and young and don't have clue about raising them. I cannot leave them here alone and I refuse to because it is not God's will. His will and purpose is that we be in good health and we prosper as our soul prosper, so I got the prospering soul, now the good health and pocketbook has got to line up with the word. Please be encouraged you have got people here who will keep you covered and lifted up in prayer, testimony and words of encouragement. Pastor di
Geralyn
on 9/8/04 1:44 am - San Diego, CA
Hi Katie, welcome to this board. So glad the Lord led you here. I too am a homeschooling mom, and I wanted this surgery so I could do things with my kids, and not be so miserble while doing them. And having had the surgery two and a half years ago has brought so much joy into my life. When I go on field trips with my kids, they get tired before me. I can do things now that I just came to believe at one point that I would never be able too. But God had a different plan for my life and now feel so much better physically. Blessings Geri
Most Active