It's just not His Will

kbars
on 9/1/04 1:16 am - Clyde, TX
Just received my sleep test results and I don't have sleep apnea, which I had to have for surgery, for insurance reasons. So now, I guess it's time for me to give up the fight and accept what God has in store for me. I am upset and having a hard time praising Him right at this moment. I know this too shall pass and I'll press on. Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts. May God bless each and everyone of you. You're all definitely His stewards! Karla
Sherri H.
on 9/1/04 2:33 am - Bakersfield, CA
I'm so sorry that things aren't working out for you. I will be in prayer for you because I know you must be very depressed. It is so hard when you have your hope in something and it doesn't work out. I will pray that the Lord will comfort you and reveal to you his perfect plan and will for your life. God bless you, Sherri
Geralyn
on 9/1/04 3:45 am - San Diego, CA
Dear Karla, my heart breaks for you. Maybe this is just a temporary no for now. It must still be heartbreaking. My prayer is that God will show you his reason for the no and give you a real peace about it. Blessings Geri
c&j's Maw-Maw
on 9/1/04 7:25 am - Pulaski, TN
Praise God, even in the wilderness..... I know it is hard to have faith, be thankful and give priase in the tough times, but if we can praise HIM in the bad times then HE will give us good times also. Numbers 6:24-26 ... The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. Psalm 119:50 ... My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life, O Lord. Isaiah 66:13 ... "As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted," says the Lord. Karla, I hope you will find some peace and comfort in these verses I've shared with you. Sincerely, Kandy
sspev
on 9/1/04 2:40 pm - Seattle area (Everett), WA
Dear Karla, Of course, there may be other options -- we're all praying for you, and that God will open the doors that lead to the path He wants you to follow. In the meantime, here is a link to First Place: http://firstplace.org/ If there is a First Place group in any church in your area, you will find fellowship and weight loss support there. First Place doesn't offer the same tool as that provided by WLS; it's the diet kind of hard work; but it is scripturally based, and is also a very complete program, in that it addresses balance between four elements of our human condition: physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. I pray that you will find not only comfort, but solutions, in your walk towards health, as you step out in faith and trust to allow our Lord to lead and direct them. In His love, Susan
Pastor di
on 9/1/04 6:39 pm - DALLAS, TX
My sister if you know in your knower that it is not God's will for you , then be at peace, because generally we are at peace when we really know the will of God for us. If this just does not sit in your spirit correctly, then there must be another avenue for you. When I finally made up my mind this was for me my first attack was insurance denial. That was a bad blow for me. I was ready to give up because I don't like going back and forth with anybody for anything. But I was sitting there one day and it came to me that I had another avenue and that is the path I am on right now. Delay is not alway denial. Be still and hear the voice of God and go from there and whatever way He decides to work it for you, you will be victorious. God bless you. di
PeggyH
on 9/2/04 9:01 am - Northwest, NC
I love the following verse. God's will is that we may prosper in all things and be in health -- just as your soul prospers. Don't stop praying about this. It may just be a stopper for now -- it will be in His timing. 3 John 1:2 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
Most Active