How to be a Success!!!

adasha
on 8/30/04 5:25 am - Beaumont, TX
I got bashed for posting this on the MMB, but at least I found this one!!! Y'all, I go to THE most wonderful church!!! Every Saturday night, it's like they are talking to me and only me! Tonight's sermon was so true for all of us, and I wanted to share with you. How to be a Success!!! The lesson comes from Paul in the Philippians Paul's Steps to Successful Living: 1. Evaluation - face my faults What in my life do I need to change? Do a personal inventory. We must see where we are now in order to move forward. 2. Elimination - forget the past What memory is holding me back? There are two things we must forget: 1. Our failures - we cannot do anything to change the past. We must learn from it and let it go! 2. Our successes - if you dwell on your success, you'll get stagnant and stop growing or moving forward! 3. Concentration - focus on the goal What am I living my life for? What am I focusing on? Write down your goals! Only 5% of the population write down their goals. Those are the 5% who are true successes in what they do. 4. Determination - fight to the finish Do I keep on keeping on? Nothing worthwhile in life happens without effort. How to keep on keeping on: 1. Be mature 2. Be teachable 3. Be persistent Don't give up!!! "Let us not grow weary in doing good. For at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." God loves us and I love all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shirlene H.
on 8/30/04 9:03 am - Van Etten, NY
Thank you Adasha for sharing this wisdom with us. It sounds like you are truly blessed with a wonderful church... I am too!!! Our sermons are the kind that make so much sense, sink in, and are usable in everyday life. Not to mention they are biblical... the most important quality of any sermon. Please feel free to share like this any time... I know that I for one can use as much biblical teachings as I can possibly get. God Bless! Shirlene
Sherri H.
on 8/30/04 2:54 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Thank you for sharing that. I am also blessed with a wonderful church here in Calif. I must tell you that anyone from Friendswood is a friend of mine. I lived in Houston from 1984-1993. I miss it. I always thought the Friendswood area was so pretty. Bless you, Sherri 10 weeks post-op 251-196 and falling
G. Carter
on 8/30/04 8:02 pm - Columbus, OH
Thank you so much for sharing this sermon Adasha, I was truly blessed Georgeann
** Judy **
on 8/31/04 4:04 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks for sharing! Great words to live by -- I am trying -- some days I am more successful than I am other days!!
annfromnepa
on 8/31/04 4:49 am - pittston, PA
Adasha, thanks for posting on this site. i was so sad when I read those negative responses. Your always welcome here.
Pastor di
on 8/31/04 4:32 pm - DALLAS, TX
Thank you for sharing with us we appreciated it. You are welcomed to share with us at anytime. I will be sharing this with others so it will not return void it will accompli****s purpose in my life. Thanks again. My family is from a small town near you, I lived there myself in 1980, The village of Dickinson Tx. I lived in Houston of and on from 1979 to 1995. di
Most Active