Getting Anxious!

Shirlene H.
on 8/27/04 4:46 am - Van Etten, NY
I'm just so excited! I have an appointment with my surgeon on Tuesday (8/31). This is the appointment where he will decide whether or not I'm a good candidate for the surgery or not (open RNY) and then he will consult my insurance company for approval. I'd like to ask for prayer, from anyone who's willing, that if it's His will, the doors will swing wide open for me. Thank you friends! Shirlene
Geralyn
on 8/27/04 10:08 am - San Diego, CA
Shrilene, I will surely be praying for you. Does he do them laporscopic (sp) to. You might check that kind out. From what I hear it's not has invasive. Will you take care. In his name Geri
Shirlene H.
on 8/27/04 10:19 am - Van Etten, NY
Hey Geri. Doctor Cole (Elmira, NY) only does them open. He and another doctor perform the surgery together and it is their specialty. He explained to me that although the open incision is more painful, this type (open) is less risky than the lap RNY. As open is 3-D and Lap is 2-D and viewed through a screen or goggles. They (Dr. Cole/Dr. McCann) feel most confident with the Open. So... they sold me on it. I hope I didn't run on about that! Thanks for asking though... What kind of WLS did you have? God Bless, Shirlene
Geralyn
on 8/27/04 10:32 am - San Diego, CA
No Shirlene, that's good information to know about that kind of surgery. I guess I thought all doctors were doing it lap now unless they found out after they started operating on you and then for some reason they couldn't then they would open you up. I had mine done laporscopic. That was two years ago and I think it was still pretty new back then. I would have been scared to do it that way because it was so new, but because my doctor specialized in doing it that way I felt pretty confident. You know though I've heard some pretty weird things have happened to people who have had it done the lap way. That's the beauty of this surgery. You have a choice. Will anyway I feel like Im rambling on now to so guess I better go. Bless you Geri
spongebob
on 8/27/04 11:54 am - Warsaw, IN
Oh Shirlene--I am excited for you! I know how much you want this! I had my 1st Support Group meeting last night..My surgery is 3 weeks away! I am having Open Lap too even though my surgeon does both.I can"t wait to be done,yet I am fearful that I will have complications.Will you please pray for me as I will pray for you? IN Christ our ROCK! Shelley
Shirlene H.
on 8/27/04 11:25 pm - Van Etten, NY
Thank you Shelley! I sure will pray for you. I bet you are even more anxious than I! May the Lord blanket you with peace and assurance that He will see you through this surgery with NO complications. In Jesus name! Blessings to you, Shirlene
Minx911
on 8/28/04 1:16 am - brooklyn, NY
Hi Shirleen, I will say a pray that your surgeon will make the best decision on what type of procedure is best for you , I will also pray that our LORD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST will guide and protect you as you get closer to your big day. GOD bless. PEGGY
Shirlene H.
on 8/28/04 4:32 am - Van Etten, NY
Peggy. Thank you! I see that you had surgery on the 18th of this month... How are you feeling and what is happening with you? God Bless, Shirlene
Most Active