Just sharing a thought

Shirlene H.
on 8/22/04 8:25 am - Van Etten, NY
Hello all! Sure have missed visiting this board the past few days! I just returned from a bluegrass festival (camping since Thursday). I sure did miss going to church this morning and the filling of my spiritual tank, if you know what I mean! :0) While I was at this festival, I found myself making comments to my husband like "when I lose my weight... I'll do ___ or I'll be____". My husband said "you've got to stop thinking that way". He is so right!!!! It seems like I'm putting everything on hold for my weight loss and thinking about it way too much! Does that make any sense? Lord, help me enjoy today! I don't have to wait until "I lose my weight" to have the joy of the Lord and He will help me do whatever it is He has for me on this day. Thank you Lord! Shirlene
Geralyn
on 8/22/04 8:51 am - San Diego, CA
Shirlene, Now I get it. I just read your post that you posted while I was posting the other post. Geri
Geralyn
on 8/22/04 9:01 am - San Diego, CA
Shirlene, I definantly know what your saying. Now that I have lost all my weight, I will catch myself thinking that with other things in my life. Finances, you name it, what ever can distract me from him. Sounds like Satan is trying to trip us up. But our God is bigger. Geri
Most Active