How did Christ speak to you all

Geralyn
on 8/22/04 8:13 am - San Diego, CA
O.K. everyone, Lets all share how God spoke to us this week-end. Come on don't be shy. I'll go first I just feel like he's been speaking to me in the area of keeping my eyes only on him. It is so hard for me to keep focused on him. I must have ADD because it's so easy for me to get side tracked. I'll be talking to him and then all of a sudden I'll be worrying about something like finances, or things in the future. I feel like he's saying " HELLO where are you, you were just saying something" Anyway I just want to be completley surrendered to him. Geri
PeggyH
on 8/22/04 8:21 am - Northwest, NC
This a.m. I had a word from the Lord for my Pastor -- Isaiah 60. I love it when I get to hear from my Father. Reading a new book "Ruined for the Ordinary" by Joy Dawson. Powerful book about hearing from the Lord regarding even the very simple things in our lives. Abiding in Him.... Peggy
Shirlene H.
on 8/22/04 8:33 am - Van Etten, NY
Hello again Geri! That is so funny! When I finished "sharing a thought" I went back on the board and found this post. So I guess if you read that post, it will be kind of an answer to this post.... lol. Your sister in Christ, Shirlene
Geralyn
on 8/22/04 8:49 am - San Diego, CA
Shirlene, I'm sorry but Im not sure what you just said. I'm a little slow at times. If I read what post, it will be an answer to this post. HELP me out Geri
HAPPYGAL H.
on 8/23/04 12:54 am - KY
I AM LIKE YOU GERI. I WILL BE TALKING WITH GOD AND THEN MY MIND WONDERS..I TRY TO STAY FOCUSED BUT IT DOESNT WORK..I THINK WE HAVE TOO MUCH GOING ON..REALLY I CANT FOCUS ON ANYTHING, SO ITS NOT JUST GOD..BUT HE IS THE MAIN PURPOSE OF LIFE..I AM GOING TO TRY TO DO BETTER...NO I WILL DO BETTER. TAKE CARE HAPPYGAL
Ms.Judy
on 8/23/04 3:24 am - HOSCHTON, GA
Geri, I can tell by your picture you're much younger than I . I'm 56 and just in the last few years , I have really tried to turn over everything to the Lord. I was saved when I was 9 , but I'm just now really turning everything over to him. Sometimes I pray for him to just take care of everything , but the first thing I know I'm trying to fix it myself !!! When I started trying to get the WLS , I finally said Lord , If you want me to get the surgery , do it for me !! A few days later I was approved and I was not scared at all to have the surgery because I had turned it over to him. I believe this weekend I saw even more that he wants us to turn everything over to him. Judy
Geralyn
on 8/23/04 4:14 am - San Diego, CA
Hi Judy, Thanks for your reply. It's an everyday struggle for me to trust and just hand it over to him, but as I grow in the Lord, I know he will help me to do that. In Christ Geri
Pastor di
on 8/25/04 7:38 pm - DALLAS, TX
I am a few days late and a few dollars short, but I could not pass this post by. Geri I think we all struggle one way or another in our life to stay focus. I pray every day to cast down every imagination and every high thing that exalts itself to the knowledge of GOD and to bring in captivity every thought to the obedience of Jesus Christ. I spend a lot of time lassoing thoughts, I find myself pulling thoughts back in so I can focus on the task before me. I know that the one of my biggest weaknesses is getting distracted. I can have GOD intentions, that turns into a good intentions, that before long gets no attentions. Why? The enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy. I find that if he can steal my thought, he will kill my plan, and destroy God's purpose within me. So I am aware of the enemy tactic in my life in this area. He will send so wonderful soul my way with some real legimate issues and I will get so caught up in it that I look up and see I have missed God. Sometime a good thing is not a GOD thing. I now realize that I have to heed the voice of God when I am rolling one day and something comes to distract me. I started to see how much in my life was not getting done, I realized that eventhough I was doing good things, I was helping those who needed it, I had to learn that I was out of balance and in some areas all I was suppose to do was implement and deligate responsibilities to others gifted in the ministry of helps and I would have been freed to do what I was called to do. We have to pray just to stay focus. We just don't have anytime to waste. Well it took me along time to get to this and I thank God every day that He is still perfecting me and working me out and Him in. love ya! Pastor di,
Geralyn
on 8/26/04 2:37 am - San Diego, CA
Pastor Di, I loved your response. It's nice to know that we all struggle with this at one time or another. It's awsome to know that we have a loving father who gently puts us back on track. I love the way he uses his people to speak to our hearts. In his name Geri
Most Active